ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tail Light & Cockpit Lights

Megane 225
Hi all,

Sold my 182 on Friday and bought a Megane 225. The car is absolutely faultless and picked it up for a great bargin. I got the thing home (it was going dark) and as I was having a look round the car showing my parents I noticed that the rear tail lights wasnt working. The brake lights, Reverse lights and fog lights work but not the tail lights. I got into the car and also noticed that the cockpit lights arent working either. When I say cockpit lights I mean where the knobs for the blowers and the buttons on the radio arent lit up but the lights on the actual dash are (mph and rpm dials)

I know Renaults are noted for their common electrical problems, I was just wondering if anyone has experienced the same sort of thing. Is it an easy fix? Can anyone shed some light on this problem for me please?

Thanks in advance!!!! :)

ST
udu2abys.jpg
+
sa8a6u2e.jpg

Sorted.

Does the number plate light work at the back too?

If it doesn't then it could be a fuse or 2 that's blown
They're in a box under the battery on the megane and you have to take the battery and ecu out to get to them - bit weird

Megane 225
No, the reg lights arent working either... Its very strange!!! Im hoping it is just the fuse thats gone... I attempted a look at the fuse box in the engine bay but it was awkward so I left it haha. Ill take it too the guy who sorts all my cars out, he should be able to come up with the answers...

It'll just be a couple of fuses but like I said you have to disconnect and remove the battery then disconnect and remove the ECU to get to the fuses - hence why previous owner has just ignored them

172 Cup
What? Are you sure? That sounds like the worst idea ever. You can't physically access the fuse box without taking the ECU out?
You sure there's not a fuse box in the cabin somewhere?

(still a minor job though surely?)

Megane 225
Yes its awful... My hands arent the smallest either so I lose my temper easy hahaha... Im just going to have to take it to a garage as I will probably end up f*cking it up some how haha.

There is a fuse box in the glove box too but theres nothing in that one to do with lights apart from the interior one!!

Renaults ey?

Bring back my 182.... So much more simple :rolleyes: