ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Talk Talk

Octy VRS
Now I'm getting pissed off with Virgin's extortionate prices. After having a go at them they offered me £2.50 off my monthly bill. I average about £40-£50 a month without a TV package.

I'm going to tell them to f**k off. Talk Talk are currently doing BB and phone, unlimited for £7.49 a month for 12 months! Plus £12 line rental it's a decent deal. Under £20 a month in total.

Now I know I will not get BB speeds like Virgin but are they any good? Just need to cut back on monthly bills. I don't want high speed p**n and don't play games online for hours but I do sometimes play the odd online game and general internet browsing/downloading.

Are they shat?

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5
In a word yes.

BT is unlimited BB, Line Rental, Eve & Weekend calls and top tv package all in for £36.10 per month.
£23.60 without tv, after all my dealings with them at work, I'd avoid.

Talktalk in my house as well. Cheap and cheerful with average performance. Doesn't like streaming iplayer on the TV with a couple of computers signed in at the same time but not the end of the world.

Heard that if it doesn't all work out of the box when you plug it in, then their customer service is non existent. Luckily I've never had to use it.

I've got TalkTalk at the minute, was reluctant at first as heard they were terrible, but got offered a decent deal. Two years on and not had a single problem, other then the router deciding to smash its self to bits.

Octy VRS
Do you have to use their router? I have a Buffalo and it's faultless, plus I don't want to have to set up the PS3 again.

Sky looks ok too, £21 for a similar deal and I'd imagine they are a bit more reliable.

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
I use BT, phone, internet and TV package. It's brilliant TBH, only had to reset my router twice in as many years, and they have recently upgraded my connection.

Listerine & Poledo
dont do Talktalk, you may as well just go back to dial up, then get BT to cut your line off.

Plus net is somewhat better

Before I moved to a Virgin area, I used BT and it never stopped giving 16mbps, whenever I asked for it. OK, it's not the cheapest, but you get what you pay for, including access to every other BT home-hub whilst you're out.

THat came in really handy when moving, as we had 2 houses on the go for a while, and no line in the one we moved to, no matter, I'll just use next doors' internet! Wi-Winning.

Octy VRS
Plus net. Yeah I've heard good stuff about them. They want a £50 phone installation fee though. Sky only want a tenner.