ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Talktalk DNS issue?

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
I have recently got a different router, mainly due to the fact that the one they give u is shocking with iphones for some reason.

I've got the new router setup, its saying connected to the internet, but when i try and access a web page i get a username and password redirect page saying the information is incorrect when i know its 100% right.

Anyone had anything similar?

Tesla MP3 2021
Have you tried using a different DNS i.e Google, OpenDNS etc just to check its to do with that.

Tesla MP3 2021
Why, whats the issue?

TBH, Ive been using VM's since I had the connection as I dont have any trouble.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=itunes+and+google+dns&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-GB:{referrer:source}&ie=UTF-8&oe=&redir_esc=&ei=Nfh0TeHYB8fOswali8nnAw

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
I had to put a host name entry in for itunes anyway. will try some different dns later. cheers.

Tesla MP3 2021
Well thats your Username and Password for your ADSL connection that needs to be put in your none TalkTalk supplied router, nothing to do with DNS.

Last edited:

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
yes but i copied and pasted it into the new router - it can't be wrong. Plus i can access the talktalk.co.uk website?

182FF with cup packs
copy/paste doesn't always work correctly with password fields. sometimes you get a carriage return character on the end or something like that.

Try typing both manually. I've come across this happening on loads of different devices, expecially if you are copy/pasting from html based e-mails.