ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tarmac Rally Suspension

'04 172, '03 Hirsch 9-5
Hi all, I am going to be turning my Ph2 172 into a tarmac rally car over the next year or so, and the first thing that needs doing are the shocks.

Currently I am running Eibach Prolines on the standard shocks which have now done 90,000kms and I can feel the damping is not as good as it was. No doubt to the addition of trackdays as well as the daily commute.

Initially it was going to be some koni sports and a whiteline ARB for road use and track days - however the end goal has changed to do our local Targa events - 700km's of closed road stages over 6 days. Participating in the tour this year and then full strip out and cage for the timed event next year.

So am I right/wrong in thinking that the eibacks and konis would not be up to such a challenge?

What other options? Renault Sport Rally package? - anyone got any info?

I'm aiming to do the suspension and possibly LSD this year whilst it is still a road car and then the full monty next year. (we cannot have a cage in a road car here unless it is entered into 2 events a year). By next year I will hopefully have a new daily.

Thanks from way down under

Golf GTD Mk7
^^this tbh. If they're good enough for all the Clio race series they will be fine. Nice and cheap though ;)

'04 172, '03 Hirsch 9-5
Thanks Guys - that is the way I'd like to go -but the local suppliers don't have anything listed - or are you talking B14's or those flash ones that were on yozzasport PSS10's was it?

'04 172, '03 Hirsch 9-5
Thanks Fred,

I will investigate! Although probably still cheaper to import them myself from half way around the world!