ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

TDC Sensor issue :(

Dci 65 Billabong
Hi,
Unfortunately I am yet again experiencing an issue with my clio. I had the TDC Sensor or camshaft sensor as they called it replaced on the 11/07/2007 because the red immobiliser light was staying on. But now the problem has come back, I am going back to the car in a min, werent sure whether the RAC had some diagnostics to try on the car,wondering if its worth calling them out.:dapprove:

Any ideas?
Thanks

Skoda Fabia vRS
the camshaft sensor and tdc sensor are different things mate

the tdc is sometimes called the crankshaft sensor though, im not being picky, you might have another sensor down maybe ?

did you buy the part from Renault ?

if so, you might find they will change the part for you under the parts warranty ? but it depends who fitted it i guess, speak to them

Dci 65 Billabong
Ah right, yeh thought so. but i assumed they had done the TDC because it is common on the clios aint it? you reckon its worth calling the RAC or will they not be able to diagnose it? Thing is renault is more than the 10mile limit from me too, damn.

Unfortunately I am yet again experiencing an issue with my clio. I had the TDC Sensor or camshaft sensor as they called it replaced on the 11/07/2007 because the red immobiliser light was staying on. But now the problem has come back, I am going back to the car in a min, werent sure whether the RAC had some diagnostics to try on the car,wondering if its worth calling them out.:dapprove:

Well first things first the imobiliser light not going of shows the imobiliser ins't deactivating nothing to do with the TDC or pump sensor (you don't have cam sensor you have a crank sensor for the pump) so you need to find out why thats happeneing most likly the imobiliser decoder ring round the barrel is failed or failing.

RAC might be able to try but if the red imobiliser lights not going of its the imobiliser keys and decoder ring or UCCH is damaged or wet etc and needs chnaging no TDC or crank sensor.

Dci 65 Billabong
Hi,
Oh right, I just looked at the Renault receipt and it said Cam Sensor so I just assumed. The TDC doesn't look that new though :S Maybe have a word with Renault. I did recently try to remove the UCH but with little luck (I didnt disconnect it).

After trying both my keys I had no luck, however an ex renault tech did mention that because I was parked near my local council yard that it may be causing some interference, however it has only happened the once and I park there overnight about 5 out of 7 days a week. How much is a decoder ring?

Thanks

Oh right, I just looked at the Renault receipt and it said Cam Sensor so I just assumed. The TDC doesn't look that new though :S Maybe have a word with Renault. I did recently try to remove the UCH but with little luck (I didnt disconnect it).

After trying both my keys I had no luck, however an ex renault tech did mention that because I was parked near my local council yard that it may be causing some interference, however it has only happened the once and I park there overnight about 5 out of 7 days a week. How much is a decoder ring?

£45 ish i think get your cheacked at the dealership though. There not coded so can be swopped from one car to another so if you have a good mate with another Mk2 clio then ask if you can swop there easy enough to do.

Why fiddel with the UH but if you did then you might have fiddled with the wire and helped get a good connection or the UCH might be wet etc and ou moved some water or moisture etc.

Dci 65 Billabong
I wanted to see if I could do anything to make the wiper relay quieter as the noise is doing my head in. Yeh I think I will be visiting renault soon. Have had a mpg issue, and the whirring,humming noise, dunno if you saw my clip off it. Very frustrating.
Thanks for your help

I wanted to see if I could do anything to make the wiper relay quieter as the noise is doing my head in. Yeh I think I will be visiting renault soon. Have had a mpg issue, and the whirring,humming noise, dunno if you saw my clip off it. Very frustrating.
Thanks for your help

Nope sorry been off for a bit.

Dci 65 Billabong
No worries, well I copied my post in case you may have come across it before.

"Hi,
Just wondering if any could help me. I have this problem which only occurs during winter months where it is cold outside. If I start the car after a few seconds there will be a loud whirring nosie,sometimes so loud it causes the dashboard to vibrate, however if I rev the engine the nosie does stop,until the engine returns to idle. I have used a stethoscope and possibly pin-pointed the nosie, it is very loud at where the coolant pipes connect to the bulk head area, however I am unsure if the noise is coming down the pipes."

Thanks

No worries, well I copied my post in case you may have come across it before.

"Hi,
Just wondering if any could help me. I have this problem which only occurs during winter months where it is cold outside. If I start the car after a few seconds there will be a loud whirring nosie,sometimes so loud it causes the dashboard to vibrate, however if I rev the engine the nosie does stop,until the engine returns to idle. I have used a stethoscope and possibly pin-pointed the nosie, it is very loud at where the coolant pipes connect to the bulk head area, however I am unsure if the noise is coming down the pipes."

Thanks

I'd bleed the coolent and chnage it all most likly needs it anyway.

Dci 65 Billabong
Ah right, yeh I was thinking about it, dont think its ever been done. Is the Renault stuff cheap? Gotta check my haynes manual out, see how to bleed the system.

Thanks

Ah right, yeh I was thinking about it, dont think its ever been done. Is the Renault stuff cheap? Gotta check my haynes manual out, see how to bleed the system.
Yep its cheap enough £20 for 5 liters which is all you need realy. You should only use the renault ype D stuff gsf sell type D cheaper than renault list I belive.

LY 182
noises from dodgey waterpump bearings tend to travel through coolant pipes aswell, if for nothing other than peice of mind i would take it somewhere to get the pump checked. i think its cambelt driven on those, and if they check it and tell you its ok and it fails a week down the line, its down to them.

Dci 65 Billabong
Ok thanks edde.

Ditz: Oh dear, I replaced the timing belt about 6k miles ago, but im pretty sure it was making the noise before. I'm hoping its not the pump because I cant hear the noise sort of around the thermostat housing, guess its time to start taking things off and having a good look. But in the meantime will work on the coolant change.
Thanks for the input guys.

Ok thanks edde.

Ditz: Oh dear, I replaced the timing belt about 6k miles ago, but im pretty sure it was making the noise before. I'm hoping its not the pump because I cant hear the noise sort of around the thermostat housing, guess its time to start taking things off and having a good look. But in the meantime will work on the coolant change.
Thanks for the input guys.

Did you check the pump was ok?

Dci 65 Billabong
Yeh, it didnt feel rough or any play. But then again I am a trainee and probably dont have the feel yet. But it just confuses me how this only happens at a certain outside temperature, and you cant really hear the sound down the pipes but only close to that spot
oh well :dapprove: haha