ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Teaser - possible fix of the PH1 sticking throttle problem

mk2 clio 172 ph1
I've been having the common problem of the throttle occasionally sticking.
usually happens during very slow traffic when just feathering the throttle.
obviously a new cable and a cleaned+lubed TB helps but unfortunately doesn't eliminate it completely.

at the moment I'm in testing of my "out of the box" simple solution and if it will show consistency I'll write up a simple how-to guide.

keep your fingers crossed:eek:

didnt change the cable mate no, maybe I should but the problems gone so i kind of will when/if i need too.

TB go on ebay mate or speak to fred@BTM, he got me mine as part of a package he put together for me :D

mk2 clio 172 ph1
No more details?

lets just say it includes some zip ties, tubes and a pair of scissors.
IT IS a valid solution that had worked on a clutch cable problem I had on my KTM 640 SM.
just took the fix concept and applied it to the Clio.

i'll give you all the details soon I promise.
just want to make sure it works first.

Last edited:
  mk2 clio 172 ph1
I re-routed the cable on mine. Solved it instantly... but looked weird. lol.

on my LHD the cable is too short for re-routing but the idea tackles the problem from the same angle.
I fix that my fix will be as affective on RHD as well as LHD.

mk2 clio 172 ph1
live update:
done a testing session of slow city driving trying whatever i can to put the throttle on its "normal" sticking position.
so far so good and no sticking what so ever!
in addition, throttle response in fine adjustments and pulling from stop is improved too!

Megane dci 130
I put a spring on my old one. One end cable tied onto the throttle body and one end on the screw which holds the engine cover on. Sorted my problems!

mk2 clio 172 ph1
I put a spring on my old one. One end cable tied onto the throttle body and one end on the screw which holds the engine cover on. Sorted my problems!

my solution is far less "aggressive" in terms of messing with the TB movement itself.
its more of a restriction than anything else.

mk2 clio 172 ph1

my solution is far less "aggressive" in terms of messing with the TB movement itself.
its more of a restriction than anything else.

Industrial elastic band has worked for 18 months on mine without issue..

IMG_0446.jpg