ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tekken 8

G. Brzęczyszczykiewicz

CSF Harvester
ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Anyone playing? Looks great and runs really well on older hardware due to being locked at 60fps
1000029352.jpg

G. Brzęczyszczykiewicz

CSF Harvester
ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
I can't get over just how good this game looks. It's amazing what can be done when developers aren't limited by last gen consoles.

The weird easy mode thing where you only have to press a couple of buttons is great for the kids too, they'd refuse to play fighting games before because the controls were too complicated but they've both been loving the fact you can just mash the buttons and do some awesome combos.

I played the intro to the story before turning it off yesterday and it was brilliant, will have to sit down and play through it properly next week when the kids are back at school.

Best Tekken game in years, highly recommend.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I can't get over just how good this game looks. It's amazing what can be done when developers aren't limited by last gen consoles.

The weird easy mode thing where you only have to press a couple of buttons is great for the kids too, they'd refuse to play fighting games before because the controls were too complicated but they've both been loving the fact you can just mash the buttons and do some awesome combos.

I played the intro to the story before turning it off yesterday and it was brilliant, will have to sit down and play through it properly next week when the kids are back at school.

Best Tekken game in years, highly recommend.
Hmmm….

I’m a tekken purist, haven’t played 6 or 7 I don’t think. Just bought myself a ps5 and this.. there’s something I can’t get on with.

Why is it telling me buttons are standard (punches are triangle and square, kicks are x and circle) and then with Jin during story, I’m getting a single button throw? And also x appears to do some manner of punch?

It’s like the controls are simplified for dummies?

The story is also obscene, like 5 full minutes of video bullshit to have one round or whatever?

I used to be absolutely hardcore btw… 😂

G. Brzęczyszczykiewicz

CSF Harvester
ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
It’s like the controls are simplified for dummies?
There's a simplified version you can switch to during gameplay by pressing LB on Xbox or presumably L1 on PlayStation. Press it again to get rid of it and go back to the proper controls.

G. Brzęczyszczykiewicz

CSF Harvester
ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
What’s the purpose of this simplified version though? It seems like different moves also?
So f**king casuals kids and tourists people who are new to fighting games can play.

Obviously I just stuck it on hard and jumped straight in, but I think my kids would be in tears by the end of the first round if they did that 🤣

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
All about mastering the massive combos 😍

Lost too many hours of my life to Tekken 1-3 and Tag.

Bought Tekken 7 when it was cheap but not played it. Might have to give 8 a go for PS5 visuals.