ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

TEMP GAUGE/SENSOR HELP PLEASE!!

RenaultSport Clio 182
Just been out in my 182, was driving along down country lane when suddenly the engine decides it wants to just completely cut out, and not start up again, tried turning it over and starter motor just driving the engine but no joy, does not fire up again??

Anyway, after some patience it finally jumped into life, and i got going again.

While driving i noticed that the Temp Gauge on the instrument panal was like it was not working, and the engine would idle like its just fired up on choke? even though it was HOT and i was driving on it for about an hour or so?

Im confused by this, and im thinking that the ECU must get some sort of reading from the coolant temp sensor/sender?

Would i be right? if anyone has any ideas on how to fix this what part i need, how to get job done please HELP. I need this car for work and will be f**ked if if break down in it!

I know there are some well clever people on this forum hopefully one can rescue me!

Thanks for looking

Regards,
CHRIS.

Arctic blue 182 (05)
I had this happen to me the other week late at night on a country road luckily managed to get home though. Real easy to fix the old temp sensor just unscrews (obviously not by hand) and just replace with new one job done. its located under the airbox and has a wires going into it. bout 20 quid from renault.

Common fault. I had the exact same thing in mine but worse by the sounds of it. I have been told that it's not actually the sensor at fault, but the wiring going to it. Presumably disturbing the wiring when changing the sensor fixes the problem.

My needle would flutter up and down but only at high engine loads. Perhaps the engine rocking was tugging on the wiring? Who knows. Either way it's a recognised issue and causes over fueling and eventually a break down if you stay on the throttle when the needle is fluttering.