ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Temp guage fluctuating

clio 172
My temperature guage is playing up, somtimes it works fine and then like this morning it seems to fluctuate up and down, never above half way though

Any ideas please

Mines been doing the same, from what I've read its probably the thermostat. Going to get it done when its in for a service next month, see if it makes a difference.

clio 172
Oh, sorry mate, dont know then. I tried the thermostat first but was still fluctuating so then changed the temp sensor and it ok now. Long shot but could be a faulty sensor.

clio 172
Yes easy to fit, loosen clips on two coolant hoses, then there is 3 bolts holding the thermostat housing on, housing comes off, take thermostat out, put new one in with seal, then put back together

PH1 172
Yes easy to fit, loosen clips on two coolant hoses, then there is 3 bolts holding the thermostat housing on, housing comes off, take thermostat out, put new one in with seal, then put back together

What about the coolant when you take those pipes off?

clio 172
Oh right, sorry mate, thought it was an obvious one, yes the coolant will need topping up after

Clio 182
Had this on mine. Just cleaned the plug and its been fine since.

plug.jpg