ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Temperature gauge

Clio extreme4
Need help my temperature gauge always stays on 2bar never goes any higher, even when cars been driven for a while. It's never bothered me just since a heard a few people says there's goes to 4 bar, anyone else had this problem

Clio Sport 172 Ph2
Hi, the usual thing is a jammed open thermostat..... cars not getting up to temp...... your car will use more fuel aswell as its running colder, so will run on cold start enrichment most the time. Coolant temp should ideally be 90 degress C, when up to temp, (temp gauge on half).

Change your thermostat, & buy a genuine one.

mk2ph1 rsi 106rallye
Take it for a blast the leave it to idle and see if the fan comes on if it does and still showing 2 bars then prob a faulty temp sensor.

A thermostat that stuck open will normaly take ages to get up to temp when idleing then when you drive the temp gauge drops right down low.

172 Cup
The needle on the temperature gauge should sit at the middle bar once up to temperature and stay there. I suspected a faulty thermostat when my the needle on my 172's gauge would only wind up to 1 bar below the middle bar, and it tended to wonder between the bars depending on what speed I was doing. I therefore changed it and it's fixed the problem.