ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Temperature Problem?

172 & 200 CUP
this morning started up the car and the temperature was reading 58C, but it was around 5C outside! started to drive and the temperature was just shifting +- a few degrees of 58C and the heating would only blow out warm air when i put it to maximum!

on another trip the heating was fine, but still displaying the outside temperature at around 58C............anyone any ideas?
thanks!

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Could be a wire broken from the temp sensor in the wing mirror giving a dodgy reading . Do you fold your wing mirrors in alot when you park up ? Not sure why it would only blow warm air out of the heater when it's set to max tbh . I didn't think they were related as the outside temp sensor is in the wing mirror and the sensor for climate control is in the interior light .

172 & 200 CUP
don't fold in the wing mirrors at all.........
will give the mirror a good look tomorrow, maybe i will have to keep the car from the cold over night!
that's why is getting a temperature!!!!

Seat Ibiza
I have the same problem as this on a 52 plate 172. Is there a guide to removing the wing mirror before I start breaking bits?

Cheers

Mike

172 & 200 CUP
it lasted around 2 weeks and the temperature display is working normally again...hopefully it won't happen again...