ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tempest Rally 2009

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
After taking over a 1000 pics and still in the process of sorting through and adding them to flickr I thought I would post up some of my Favourites of the weekend which I aint got round to editing playing around with etc.

Unfortunatley the site they are hosted on at the minute ruins the resolution so please forgive me on that aspect.

I will post up my flickr page when I have sorted through all of them and maybe edited a few.

C & C welcome Matt

http://jalbum.net/browse/user/album/377690/;jsessionid=HBLbQ8ksnqApcf1wIn2R.11

DSC07544.JPG

DSC07657.JPG

Ian

Focus TDCi
I actually think some of the photos you have in your album are much better than these Matt! Like this one:

DSC07080.JPG

Nice setting, good lead in line with the tracks and the crowd and trees framing the car. Maybe if the car had been in the patch of light it would have been better, but I like it anyway. :)

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
In the album I am sorting for flickr there are quite a few good shots like this. It was my first day out with my new lens lol and first motorsport event with a media pass so was a great learning curve.

Ian

Focus TDCi
Ah right cool, post some more up when you get chance then. :) How did you get the media pass btw, are they hard to get for this kind of event?

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
It was quite easy I spoke to the person in charge of all the media for the event etc, sent my portfolio to them and bobs your uncle. Was awsome being up close though. Just wish i got to a few more of the 4wd forest stages.

Rally bus
How did you get the media pass btw, are they hard to get for this kind of event?

Depends on the event, a lot require you to provide evidence you are working for a newspaper/magazine although it seems that's not the case for the Tempest.

I've got 4 days of rallying coming up starting tomorrow night in Yorkshire and finishing in Kielder on Monday afternoon :D

Ian

Focus TDCi
It was quite easy I spoke to the person in charge of all the media for the event etc, sent my portfolio to them and bobs your uncle. Was awsome being up close though. Just wish i got to a few more of the 4wd forest stages.

Depends on the event, a lot require you to provide evidence you are working for a newspaper/magazine although it seems that's not the case for the Tempest.

I've got 4 days of rallying coming up starting tomorrow night in Yorkshire and finishing in Kielder on Monday afternoon :D

Don't suppose either of you could provide a link to your portfolio? Hope that's not too cheeky. I'm looking to take photography a bit more seriously and currently deciding which area is right for me!

Wish I had my car on the road Gary, I'd probably come along to some of them. :dapprove:

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
I have finally got round to sorting through some of the pics one moth later more to come but slowly adding them to my flickr account. C&C more than welcome as its all one big learning curve for me.

4160537500_472cd79f18_b.jpg

4160541700_7d9b32cdb3_b.jpg

4159790639_f4ee6a9c22_b.jpg

4159793271_1dba2442d7_b.jpg

4160551138_5912a02915_b.jpg

4159800709_27c48aa0aa_b.jpg

4159803183_00b8f4db76_b.jpg

None
Excellent pics. I tried to take pics of a rally stage once and found it very hard as they move so quick

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
cheers, I got my hands on a media pass which made it much easier!