ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ten of the best

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Its definately not just a scooby/evo thing, the FWD side of it is quite big, I was team manager for the Vauxhall team for a few years (during which we kept winning so was good fun to be involved with lol) but there tend not to be any renaults there.

Cant make it this year as im out on track at combe that day for FCS.

Last night I did some mapping for one of the corsas that is going there though and it is going quite well now, although its spot in the team is a handling one so its not mega power (400 ish), although sadly a failed throttle body on it (it popped the seal out of it with 2 bar of boost) meant we didnt get quite as far as we had hoped.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
The corsa I mapped on wednesday night did a 12.6, not bad considering its a circuit car mainly and the best on the day due to weather conditions etc was only an 11.4

He also did a 152mph in the 1KM speed test, which put him mid field in that.

Not spoke to him yet but should think he is pretty pleased with that!

His circuit work was off the pace though, 4 seconds behind the winner, but TBH he's had almost no seat time so I dont think he will mind that one and it gives him a starting point at least (plus TBH I know he does realise picking a corsa as a circuit car isnt the greatest starting point, lol)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Its a usual case of suffering from lack of time, Adam is an amazing fabricator (his TIG welds are practically Art) but has just not had enough time to sort the car, hence it being road mapped by me on the hurry up one evening after work with not enough time to do properly and I bet he hasnt even had time to get the tracking etc set properly, so sadly it was never going to totally deliver at a competitive event like that, but fair play to him for getting out and giving it a go, at least we have something to build on for next year now :)

That time is as good as any he has run at pod before, so given how much off the pace most people were (I guess due to track or weather conditions?) it implies when he gets back to Pod next he should set a new PB, but I expect that will only be at the vauxhall show next year, he doesnt get a chance to use the car often enough sadly to ever really get anywhere with it!

Clio Trophy #343
The corsa I mapped on wednesday night did a 12.6, not bad considering its a circuit car mainly and the best on the day due to weather conditions etc was only an 11.4

He also did a 152mph in the 1KM speed test, which put him mid field in that.

Not spoke to him yet but should think he is pretty pleased with that!

His circuit work was off the pace though, 4 seconds behind the winner, but TBH he's had almost no seat time so I dont think he will mind that one and it gives him a starting point at least (plus TBH I know he does realise picking a corsa as a circuit car isnt the greatest starting point, lol)

I think by the time he got to the circuit stuff he had a leaking damper and the clutch was shagged so struggled with gear chnages..lol

But tbh he was still pleased, like you say not a bad place to be as starting point, as you say its seat time now that he needs, he has been to more trackdays in the pikey this year..lol

Good bit of work though from you mate, engine has preformed faultlessly i belive :)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Good bit of work though from you mate, engine has preformed faultlessly i belive :)

Well thats jinxed it then, rod through the block next time he even so much as fires it up to manouvre it around the workshop now, lol.

Serously though, the Map is a mile out still TBH, needs loads more work but during mapping the throttle body seal failed and it was leaking boost, so was nothing more I could do at the time, so just tried to keep it safe and in one piece.

Clio Trophy #343
Its a usual case of suffering from lack of time, Adam is an amazing fabricator (his TIG welds are practically Art) but has just not had enough time to sort the car, hence it being road mapped by me on the hurry up one evening after work with not enough time to do properly and I bet he hasnt even had time to get the tracking etc set properly, so sadly it was never going to totally deliver at a competitive event like that, but fair play to him for getting out and giving it a go, at least we have something to build on for next year now :)

That time is as good as any he has run at pod before, so given how much off the pace most people were (I guess due to track or weather conditions?) it implies when he gets back to Pod next he should set a new PB, but I expect that will only be at the vauxhall show next year, he doesnt get a chance to use the car often enough sadly to ever really get anywhere with it!

12.5 is his PB I believe and it was done at TOTB, at the pod previously i think it was 12.7 :)

Clio Trophy #343
Well thats jinxed it then, rod through the block next time he even so much as fires it up to manouvre it around the workshop now, lol.

Serously though, the Map is a mile out still TBH, needs loads more work but during mapping the throttle body seal failed and it was leaking boost, so was nothing more I could do at the time, so just tried to keep it safe and in one piece.

I meant improvement considering time allocated to work as opposed to the complete article :)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I meant improvement considering time allocated to work as opposed to the complete article :)

Yeah it certainly was a lot better towards the end of the time we got than it was at the beginning.

Fecking fast car TBH, should think an 11 will be pretty easy if he gets decent boost control onto it (the omex is pony at this)

Clio Trophy #343
I thought the m tech boost control was quality though, we had done nothing in the way of geo at Coombe but the diff and that boost control made it feel really drivable :) is the omex as good?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
No the omex is absolutely rubbish for boost control comppared to the mtech, the mtech one is as good as anything on the market pretty much, you are up at 5 times the money before you get to anything else that betters it.

shame as if Omex just made some minor software changes (sort of thing I could write for them in a couple of days probably if they gave me the source code) it would be fine, there is nothing wrong with the hardware and the rest of how the ECU works is decent.

He'll get himself an AVCR or similar I think, will be ok then.