ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tesco (and probably Technica) branded TV's

Ph2 172
Anyone got one??

I bought one for the folks last week, and the remote seems to have a fairly odd feature - wondered if this was normal.

Essentially, it seems as if it needs "waking up" before it will do anything. It seems to need a button press (seems any button) before it will do anything.

So if you want to change from say BBC1 to Channel 5, then just pressing "5" once won't do anything. Press 5 twice and it will do it, 3, then 5, and it will change to channel 5.

Anyone got any thoughts??

RB 182
i used to have one, wasnt a bad tv so be honest (42'') didnt have that with my remote except for when it started running out batteries...

F82 M4
Normal IR remote? I know the PS3 TV remote does that but it's Bluetooth.

I was just going to say the exact same thing. The PS3 remote for Blu-ray does the same. The remote goes into a sleep mode to save power instead of being "ON" for Bluetooth all the time.

Test the remote, point it away from the TV and press a button. Does it work? If so the remote is probably Bluetooth instead of I.R. which is a good thing as you never have to point it at the TV for it to work :cool:

It'll even work in the next room.

clio 182 black /gold
Mine is like that. Sometimes im sure i have pressed the power button and it does not respond.

2014 Focus Titanium
Look through a camera (i.e. phone camera) at the infra red sensor and see if it's sending a signal (you can see the light as the camera picks it up). If it is then there's some sort of issue with the TV I would expect.

Ph2 172
Look through a camera (i.e. phone camera) at the infra red sensor and see if it's sending a signal (you can see the light as the camera picks it up). If it is then there's some sort of issue with the TV I would expect.

Nice, seems the remote is fine as it seems to light up straight away in the cam, must be the TV then I guess. It's odd, it is so consistent, really makes you think it's a "feature" although I can't think why!

Nice username.

Thanks! Been using it for just over 6 years now by the looks of it :)

Honda. Tesla Someday
get an 'all-in-one' remote and test the tv with that. If it has the same issue, its the TV. If not, its the remote.

I had a similar problem with my technika 22".
If I changed the volume then it would change channel or if I was flicking up and down the channels, it would send me to itv or bbc.
In the end I bought a one 4 all universal remote, programmed this in and it's been fine ever since.
So a duff remote was my issue.