ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tesco Insurance

Mk4 .:R32
I used to have a 1.2 dynamique and had it insured through Tesco. I have just bought a 182 and insured it through Bell as its alot cheaper than Tesco.
I went into the bank today cancelled my direct debit for my old car and rung up Tesco to canel my policy. They want £222 to cancel it? WTF my policy was £1760 a year and i payed monthly. Why do they want to rob me of £222 for the privalidge of canelling my insurance, i thought it was just something like £30?
The man in the call center said its becasue i have a high premium as iam a young driver?
They cant get the money out of my bank as i have cancelled the DD but no doubt they will be on the fone to me soon. Do i have a leg to stand on as i cant afford £222 at the moment and dont really want to pay it at all :(.

Cheers
Matt

Meg 230 f1
read the small print of your policy first but I am sure there is always a cancellation fee on all insurance contracts, like if you cancel your mobile they charge you the rest

Mk4 .:R32
hi mate, yeh iam aware that there is a cancellation chanre but £222 is a bit steep lol. Like i said i thought it would be something like £30 lol

SchwepTek™
Sorry to say mate but you signed up for a one year contract so in theory you should have to pay the outstanding balance like any other contract. I think its a month in advance you have to pay.

maybe as your paying by direct debit the cancellation fee is abit more

agree its a high fee, but i doubt you will get out of paying it

In between cars....
Were Tesco actually going to insure you on the 182? I was with quinn direct (i think) when i had a 1.9D clio, then i got a 106 gti, they wouldnt insure me so said there was no cancelation or anything, i even got a partial refund for the month id just paid

You wont be able to just ignore the charge, it will have to be sorted out one way or the other, could lead to the insurance taking further action