ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Test fit BBS 19 on R32 mkv

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I understand the bigger wheels are not fitted to upgrade performance as such, but surely on a 1,500 kg 250 bhp car, you should have at least some grip?

If not, seems kind of pointless having a 250 bhp car.

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
In with another tyre comment.

I had 1 fullrun on the 320d, I couldn't believe how much better the car handled when I swapped it for som decent rubber..

Porsche Boxster987S
lol @ some of this tyre hate . A few points :

1. They are not my wheels. They belong to my mate who has mk4 r32.
2. They are in his garage at the moment as he is running his back on his standard wheels.
3. He bought the wheels with those tyres on them.
4. One wheel has a burst tyre so i only tried on one for talking sake. Out of curiosity i wanted to see how it would look a) on 19s b) in black c) would they fit under the arch at the height it is.....
5. With our R32s being as low as they are , these wheels are meant for looks over function - Hence the stretched tyre and in 19s. The wheels serve no purpose to the car except improving the looks and overall stance. In that case , WHY would anyone fork out 500-600 on rubber for a car which isnt looking at a track event every month.??? They serve a purpose , for looks and looks alone .

Neither myself or my mate who owns the wheels believe these are a good tyre in any sort of way. They are a budget tyre ! His mk4 R32 has its original wheels wrapped in £600 rubber because they are not stretched tyres or show wheels.

I was simply looking for comments on the fitment of the wheel , the looks of a matt black BBS and the overall opinion on its stance running them with a stretched tyre.........

Mini Cooper S
Pictures of the whole car with them on? I think it looks good, yes the rubber is s**t. But then it depends how you drive the car I guess...Just cos they're 19s, don't understand why you'd want to run crap tyres?

Mk4 R32
Probably a good point for me to have my say as well, since they are my wheels. We both fully know the tyres are utter horse s**t and would get more grip from a wet sock, but as Paul has said on numerous occasions they were purely for looks. When they were on my Mk4 R32 (pics on here somewhere) it was (still is) stupidly low and couldn't also wasn't planning on driving hard "thro teh twistez" I understand where you are coming from saying it would benefit from good rubber, yeah of course it would but there is no point what so ever in spunking £5/600+ on tyres.

Anyway enough about tyres since this wasn't the point in the thread. The wheels look awesome on the car, would have proffered to get the full drivers side done but his front drivers side wheel was beyond and tight and the stupid nut thing wasn't heavy enough to budge it. The black suits the car imo, again i get the silver comments but i like them in black. 19s are massive and look even bigger with the drop that he has. For me tho, and you'll prob agree with the ride in my car with them on, 18s would be ideal. Don't get me wrong tho the 19s look pretty special on it!

Edit for EllD90

Not a case of wanting to run crap tyres, more a case of why spunk £5/600+ up the wall for rubber when with these on, driving was slow as spend most of the time dodging pot holes.

Last edited:
  Mini Cooper S
I guess it depends what you want from the car. Is it currently a driving tool? If yes, keep it as is. If it's just a commuter/posermobile...fit whatever rubber you wish on it.

Porsche Boxster987S
Both our Rs are posermobiles.
So why get a 3.2 golf with shite fuel. 250bhp etc etc etc ..... Why not ?? If you can buy it then why not ? I don't use the car often or for massive journeys , nor does it get driven hard often so why bother with a fancy name on top of your tyre ?

This isn't a "heres my new wheels and tyres thread " it's a "here what it's like on BBS CHs in this size and colour ...... Does it suit ? .....

Cheers for to the people who understand my question in the thread and who have offered a reasonable opinion. For the rest , I hope I've cleared up the point of the thread.

Frizz , your cars a shed anyway so i think you should just let me have these ... ;)

An orange one
If you don't need a fancy name on the tyre for posing...why have a fancy name on the wheels??

Why not save a lot of money and get CH reps? Same situation surely if your posing and driving slow reps would be fine??

Porsche Boxster987S
^ srs? You think having fake wheels is the same as having an average tyre? Baring in mind the inner wall of the tyre would be worn quickly due to camber and the tyre would be stretched?

I'm warming up the lolcopter at this thread now. Point missed completely ... Shame :(

An orange one
Pretty SRS tbh! Unless your driving the car hard then any BBS or other expensive wheel is just a fancy name on a centre cap, it offers no other advantage than poser value, in which case reps would do the same job perfectly...

I love r32's and used to own a mk5 myself, excellent cars and yours looks stunning! But I have to disagree on the full runs :)

Out of interest.....were they mk5 fitment on the mk4 with adapters, or vice versa? As the mk5 has crap offsets and zero concave, generally the mk4 BBS CH looks a lot better

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
^ srs? You think having fake wheels is the same as having an average tyre? Baring in mind the inner wall of the tyre would be worn quickly due to camber and the tyre would be stretched?
I'm warming up the lolcopter at this thread now. Point missed completely ... Shame :(

But your argument itself holds little water, does it not?

Stretched beyond what's meant for them, extra load/heat from extreme camber...surely you'd want something that you know isn't going to randomly decide one day to spit you off the road?

Porsche Boxster987S
Fits mk5 as is , his 4 runs them on adaptors.

On the case of the "buy rep BBS" . I've seen reps .... They're not good.

Porsche Boxster987S

But your argument itself holds little water, does it not?

Stretched beyond what's meant for them, extra load/heat from extreme camber...surely you'd want something that you know isn't going to randomly decide one day to spit you off the road?

It's not a zonda.

Folk are talking here like im stickin up for these tyres lol! They're budget tyres but they don't make it a death machine FFS :s

I'm saying no more on the tyre chat. If anyone is confused , see my earlier posts .

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
Nangkangs FTW.

e679ebaf.jpg

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Those BBS CH would look good on a pram...

Get it done then re-furb later if you want.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
I think LM's are also a cracking wheel.

However on the majority of modern A3's and golfs etc i just think they fill the arches really well.