ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Thames Water - drought order

Clio 182
ffs, at least at the moment I can get my car washed in Richmond as I can't at my flat in East Sutton & Surrey... might have to go to my parents in Hampshire in future :S

Focus ST
I must be missing something, but how do you know if your area is under a ban.

Do they post letters/leaflets or just expect you to hear on the radio/tv??

Octy vRS & Ninja 650
I used a couple of buckets earlier, but didnt work very well, its so hot it dries before i could fill up a bucket rinse it.

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
Gweebs said:
I must be missing something, but how do you know if your area is under a ban.

Do they post letters/leaflets or just expect you to hear on the radio/tv??

Here you go ! This is the best way to keep tabs on what is happening.
I visited my folks back in Carshalton Beeches covered by Sutton & East Surrey and found the non-essential ewater ban kicked in that day !!!

CLICK HERE FOR BAN DETAILS

Sutton & East Surrey were the first to apply for a Drought Order and 2 regions have now followed!!

* Check what IS and what ISNT allowed in these bans in YOUR area!

Megane R26
Looks like using buckets is fine, Drought Order just add stuff like swimming pools, jet washing drives etc.

Mazda MX5 1.8
well....... we have nearly 150 gallons of rain water saved up

fortunately we're under wessex water!

if theres a drought order apparently u can only clean the windows, lights and number plates (for safety) on your car

Mercedes AMG GLE 53
Im on a water meter so f**k em. I pay for every drop i use. How do they justify losing 1 billion litres a day through leakage.

Black 172 MK2
from what iv heard an d read you can use buckets as long as its old bath water etc ;) like i say how long does it need ot be in the bath or how long does my foot need to be in the bath ;)

Black 172 MK2
only but the best ;) i wonder how that feels hmmmmm Rich you gota know im sure you and you car have shared a bath or two ;)