ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Thanks greenlight! Best Insurance quote ever.

R35 GTR
Not going to say how much, but i know they cant be beaten, my mate who has 5 years no claims to my 2 pays the same with another insurer.

Nearly half of what last years price was too!

RB 200 Cup!
perhaps i'll give em a try next year then - what with NU Direct outting up premiums by 40% they can go f**k themselves

BMW 330d :)
Whats the point in posting that If you arent going to give us a price and how much of a saving for it? Im paying £480 for my 172 cup, 25 years old, 7 years ncb and its insured for work. Not bad!

R35 GTR
Frasers Cup said:
Whats the point in posting that If you arent going to give us a price and how much of a saving for it? Im paying £480 for my 172 cup, 25 years old, 7 years ncb and its insured for work. Not bad!
ok, I'll be paying around a hundred more than that, will be 25 2 years no claims.

with the following mods:

smt6,viper,hill power bend,exhaust,stripped out rear,colour coding,H+R coilovers....+ other bits i cant recall of top of my head.

R35 GTR
Timmay said:
perhaps i'll give em a try next year then - what with NU Direct outting up premiums by 40% they can go f**k themselves

yeh! What is that all about? As if we havent paid enough in the past.....

Cam

182 Cup
Were cheap for me to but strange i had to fill in some forms and send my a copy of my driving licence, never had to do that before.

Z4 Roadster
Matty - Fraser was replying to the thread, which is entitled Greenlight, yes. But nowhere did he say or imply that he is with greenlight.

Hence the query!!!! :rolleyes:

Clio 190bhp Hybrid
My apologies, thought you meant who the originators quote was with as was in title...

Just looking for my own new insurance at the mo

Z4 Roadster
no probs! :)

I was wondering, as mine is up in a month or so, and I'm 25 with a fair few yrs NCB, so in a similar boat to Fraser

I was offered an alternative to Highway from Greenlight but was an additional £50 from memory.

R35 GTR
last year greenlight beat my best alternative quote from directline, thats with no mods verses greenlights all mods declared. Directline wanted 1400 , greenlight did it for 890+70 for mods when i added them.

This year they have saved me around 500 again!!! with all mods declared!

TVR Cerbera
Greenlight are rubbish............wouldn't quote for my slightly modded cup "because they have had too many claims from single vehicle incidents with that model"(basically people who can't drive a non abs cup!) ! i got my insurance using confused.com ( can't remeber the company) £409,fully comp, 31, 12 years NCD,modified.......can't complain

R35 GTR
Greenys_meanies said:
Greenlight are rubbish............wouldn't quote for my slightly modded cup "because they have had too many claims from single vehicle incidents with that model"(basically people who can't drive a non abs cup!) ! i got my insurance using confused.com ( can't remeber the company) £409,fully comp, 31, 12 years NCD,modified.......can't complain

I dont think they are rubbish, its just that the cup for some reason or another has more claims...my price would go up if they insured the statistically worse drivers.

Not saying you are a bad driver though, its all numbers to the insurers at the end of the day.

TVR Cerbera
i understand what you are saying, but what annoys me is people who buy a non abs cup and can't drive it......go and buy a model with abs if all you do is stamp on the brakes in an emergency! i've learnt how to brake properly, i've been driving a 205 for the last 3 years and their brakes are......well poo. don't brake hard but look for an escape route! lol

R35 GTR
Greenys_meanies said:
i understand what you are saying, but what annoys me is people who buy a non abs cup and can't drive it......go and buy a model with abs if all you do is stamp on the brakes in an emergency! i've learnt how to brake properly, i've been driving a 205 for the last 3 years and their brakes are......well poo. don't brake hard but look for an escape route! lol

exactly the reason i bought a ff, as I wasnt good enough at the time to live without the abs,esp, traction control.lol. Probably still not.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Greenys_meanies said:

Lol. Idiotic point of view! I've been racing since i was 7! (Karts, cars, Endurance) And it's very easy to get caught out!! Weather, Accidents, Mistakes! ABS Will not save you in an accident it'll only assist. The williams doesn't have ABS either and i'm conscious of that!

TVR Cerbera
Ali said:
Lol. Idiotic point of view! I've been racing since i was 7! (Karts, cars, Endurance) And it's very easy to get caught out!! Weather, Accidents, Mistakes! ABS Will not save you in an accident it'll only assist. The williams doesn't have ABS either and i'm conscious of that!

And it is MY point of view. there is no need to say i'm an idiot. i race too, FWD now and RWD in the past. i was stating the cup has to be treated with respect as it has no electronic brain braking for you! when i had my valver(in my younger years) it would face the oposite direction if you brake round a corner (i found this out) and it had ABS!