ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

that tyre foam stuff

Clio 200 FF

What the tyre weld for punctures - Holts tyre weld or the tyre cleaning foam from armourguard amongst others

Clio 200 FF

well i know you can buy some made by Holts, this comes in a blue/ white can.

i used some a few years ago when i got a flat in the middle of knowhere, dark, raining (always the case) and when i looked in the toolkit for the first time - NO JACK.....

i stopped a passing car and he had some of this in his boot (maybe thats why he walked with a limp :D ) and luckily he sold me the can. The next day i went to get the puncture fixed and was told that by using foam there wasnt anyway of finding the hole unless it was noticeable from the outside.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4

you can buy them from any halfords, they are around £8 a can. I am sure it says on the can that you cannot re-use the tyre once you have used the can on it.

Gaz

Holts make one type but as Robby said I had to use this once on a 306 because I couldnt get the locking nuts off. It cost me a new tyre cause they said they couldnt fix the puncture. It also made a hell of a mess of my wheel arch!

BMW 320d Sport

SO what if they dont like tyre foam at the tyre fitters? Thats what you pay them to sort out! Much better to carry a can of foam than a heavy spare wheel and jack around. And who wants to try and jack up a car with a factory jack in the middle of the night, change over a wheel and get filthy, just so you dont inconvenience the boys down at Kwik Fit the next day?

Clio 200 FF

no Ben, you can get a tyre sealant which is put in the tyre before a puncture occurs, this moves around the tyre and if a hole appears it fills it and sets.

This can be good as it stops the tyre going down but the prob is you will never know about the state of your tyre - might have lots of holes which tear given time. Rally drivers dont care because they have their tyres changed after the stage.

Nick i understand your point but if you have a brand new tyre wouldnt you rather have a puncture repaired instead of having to buy a new tyre?