ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The 172 rear bumper.

None
I am getting a 1.2 16V Dynamique but I want to change the rear bumper to a 172 bumper. Is it a straight swap? Would it look stupid without getting a front bumper too? Does it change my insurance?

roberto.

ClioSport Club Member
  S4 Avant
One of the best mods you can do to a non sport imo. I think its a direct swap also.

No need for front bumper unless your going for a full rep look. Inform your insurance, but it shouldnt make much, if any, differnce.

You can buy the back on here quite often.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
straight swap, rear wheels off (my car is very low so im not sure if standard suspension will allow the wheels to be left on) remove 8 or so torx screws and number plate light, old bumper off, new bumper on, fit screws and number plate light and enjoy :)

i told my insurance about mine and they put it down as 'body coloured bumpers' at first it cost me £36 with the bumper and the suspension... but now i gets free modz :D no idea how

It is a straight swap. Takes about 20/30 minutes to do and looks great. You will need to inform your insurace and as for the front it would be cheaper/easier to colour code your bump strips and get an RS grill.

Oh and if your car is peral black......good luck

None
Okay, I might try the old, it's a standard clio bumper, just a different model. And I will be colour coding the car, do I need to tell them that?

I told my insurance about my sport 172 bumpers on it just thought I would confuse them though and say its a renault standard bumper but not for my car so she was like erm i have nothing on the system for that... Should I stick it under exterior mods ( Who hired her :/ ) I just went yeh... probably best

Ncik