ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The 250's replacement?

brisa4984

ClioSport Club Member
The 250 cup went 2 weeks ago leaving me feeling dejected and castrated.

Firstly the meg was such a fantastic car. Being in Essex and in a sea of ford ST's it was certainly rare and surprised a few people. As great as it was I just didnt think it was worth the balloon of £14750. No doubt due its millage it would have needed a clutch new discs and heavy servicing within the next two years.

So i've been on the look out for its replacement and narrowed it down to 3 completely different cars. Either a 2005 Boxter s 3.4, Nissan 370z or 2007 BMW 135i M-sport Coupe. All three are roughly the same price but as i see it the BMW would be the best to live with and looks great with simple mods. It remaps to 356bhp 375lbsft and looks awesome with VMR alloys, BMW performance discs, exhaust, front fins and HR springs. Anyone know of any 1 series niggles other than the High pressure fuel pump failures?

69929296.jpg

attachment.jpg

If anyone knows of decent BMW dealerships or indeed ones to avoid then please let me know. Other than that ill update this thread when i've found a good example.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
By the time he's serviced one of those 05+ cars + brakes + tyres could have bought another 250 cash!

brisa4984

ClioSport Club Member
Car 18000
wheels 1350 or rep for £600 ish
remap £400
BMW performance exhaust £476
BMW performance discs. £304 (from memory)
BMW performance rear spoiler £357
BMW performance carbon front splitter £488
HR springs £500

total mods £3-4000. insurance hike 400quid.

Total 22-23k but some second hand cars have had the above.

1Ms are still going for 35+ and even then i think it would be "slower" in a drag. Add 2k for an LSD and im sure it would be as good in the twisty stuff??

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I want one of these so bad

Lad local has one and it sounds like nothing else. I was washing my car yesterday and he gave it a bootfull, the way it spun up sounded like a bike! Awesome.

Hmmmm house deposit/shhhmouse deposit?

BMW F21 125d
I've got a 370z. Its a good car, and I like it as you don't see many, if any, about. Its got the rare factor like your Meg had amongst the ST's.

Depends on your personal requirements. a 135i is a good car, and with the mods, would be a bit of a monster.

Snotter's
Let me know what spec your after and i can locate one. I work for a main dealer so it will be an AUC car plus we are offering a free 2nd year warranty at the moment.

brisa4984

ClioSport Club Member
I've got a 370z. Its a good car, and I like it as you don't see many, if any, about. Its got the rare factor like your Meg had amongst the ST's.

Depends on your personal requirements. a 135i is a good car, and with the mods, would be a bit of a monster.

the 370 is such a great car. I found the interior and driving position is fantastic, not to mention the level of kit on a GT is all you need!. Great car.

brisa4984

ClioSport Club Member
Let me know what spec your after and i can locate one. I work for a main dealer so it will be an AUC car plus we are offering a free 2nd year warranty at the moment.

Thank you for the offer mate. i'll let you know full spec! im just reading up on bmw assist, portal idrive thing at the moment. One question? considering it was such a common fault are BMW covering future HPFP failures outside of warranty?

Snotter's
Thank you for the offer mate. i'll let you know full spec! im just reading up on bmw assist, portal idrive thing at the moment. One question? considering it was such a common fault are BMW covering future HPFP failures outside of warranty?

On the whole BMW are very good with aftercare, ive been involved in many cases where BMW have covered the cost of items/failures outside of warranty.

Mini Cooper S
135i performance exhaust is £900 ;)
My mate recently picked one up, beast of an engine!

Turbos.
A GTR hardly has comparable running costs!

I'd finance a 1M personally rather thank sinking money into a 135i. I've not ready a glowing report on the 1-Series, it should be better than it is. The 1M on the other hand, has been rated better than the M3. It is rarer, much more special, and will hold its value.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I'd rather a 1 series coupe high spec with mods over a 135i hatch. Think it looks very dated now.

1M is different fish obviously.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
My grandad traded his 335i in on a 135i about 3 months ago. I had the pleasure of driving the 1 series a couple of weeks ago and even as standard i bloody loved it. Awesome cars.

Lotus Elise
Porsche, better drive then a 135i and it genuinely feels like a better quality item. If you are into modding then there is loads to do on the Boxster.

Also you can say you have a Porsche.

TTRS & V50
135i every time !

Think there was a white one at ABP today. F1 ABP in white I think, not sure if any cheshire heads have seen that one.. bootiful.

Edit: Just checked the num plate and it was a 1M.

Last edited:

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
135i every time !

Think there was a white one at ABP today. F1 ABP in white I think, not sure if any cheshire heads have seen that one.. bootiful.

Edit: Just checked the num plate and it was a 1M.

A 135i with a "1M" number plate?!

FAIL.