ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Aux Belt 36K service Challange

FN2 TYPE R
Right seeing as the local dealers know nothing about the 182 36k Aux belt change I decided to try my luck with the Renault UK CS to see if they could shed any light.
Apparently the latest revision to the service guide for the dealers has the change listed for 72K or 5 years. The older revision from 2004 has the change listed as 36k as does the service guide in my handbook.
So now I am waiting for Renault to get back to me and Investigate what actually needs to happen.
What's everyone else's view on this.
Do I actually need to spend the extra £100 to get this done or is it not really required?
Or will I be crying when my engine is knackered for not getting it done and being outside of the warranty period.
I will keep you posted when I get a response from Renault.

I questioned if my was done on my 36K service, and the dealer said no, as it was a big job an best left until the cam belt chance, which was no big issue as that is in 2 weeks, but would have been unhappy if the cam belt change was some time away.

Needs to be done.
If it fails and they do hence why the rules were chnaged then its £1k at absolult best bill out of warently.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo
yep change at 36k. the aux belt shredding and ripping the cambelt off is very commen as the mileage creeps up. A bit awkward to change but not horrific.