ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

THE BEST HEAD UNIT......

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer

Im going to be getting a new head unit next week or so...

What are the best options thinking about keeping the stalk controls, sound etc

Thanks for any help..

Cheers

Clio 1.6 16v 2003

i just got an alpine 9831r and love it sounds great, nice eq plus i have the ipod interface so no cds needed. i recommend it.

can keep stalk controls with any HU but u havre to buy the leads extra £

have a look at www.nakamichi.com ;)

wont get better IMHO

though Denon and Becker are also worth looking at

Alpine F#1 head unit is also top drawer

you do realise for "The best head unit" you will be paying c£1000

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer

Thanks guys, wont be spending Mega Bucks on a head unit but 300 quid, want to keep the finger controls.

I-pod interface how does that work is there a docking station for it have you any pics ?? As i have got an i-pod....

I have a similar dilema. I am looking at around £250ish and for that sort of money I have been caught between Alpine 9812RB and the Pioneer DEH-P77MP...

As far as I can tell the Pioneer should have the upper hand from what most people on Talkaudio suggest. Its just that its Fugly!

Those would be my suggestions - Id just be worried about buying an Alpine and wishing I had the Pioneer - even though it looks so odd...

becker mexico pro for the money

wont keep the stalk controls, but then again, they are pointless IMHO

A well built VW

Quote: Originally posted by papa? on 19 February 2005

I have a similar dilema. I am looking at around £250ish and for that sort of money I have been caught between Alpine 9812RB and the Pioneer DEH-P77MP...

As far as I can tell the Pioneer should have the upper hand from what most people on Talkaudio suggest. Its just that its F**kin timeless in its design

Those would be my suggestions - Id just be worried about buying an Alpine and wishing I had the Pioneer - even though it looks so odd...
The pioneer one will not date and is not about flashy lights , i have just bought one of the above having owned another pioneer for 71/2 years without a single fault and this new head unit is awesome in its sound quality you hear things you hadnt heard in songs before i cant rate this highly enough

if u want to spend £260 on a brand new top of the range head unit, get a kenwood <A class=Extras href= "http://www.justkenwood.co.uk/stock01/kdcpsw9527.asp KDC-PSW9527

or JVCs top of the range model - cant remember model number - but its got 64K colour screen

if u want to spend over £400 u might as well buy a navigation/dvd motorized touch screen

DONT buy sony because theyre not compatible with anything. and very over priced

do not buy kenood, they should have stuck to making food processors, they only make sales because of clever marketing techniques, their kit is in fact poop!

JVC will sound OK, but its all flashy lights and no actual quality, which is a major gripe of mine

as for sony, have you heard of Connects2??? they use this interface to keep the stalk adaptor AND display, not bad for no compatability, granted quality is piss poor and all you pay for is the reputation and name they have gained from their HES

i got a kenwood 9027 too! for £210. but was skeptikle about spending £200 for 10gigs, when for the same money i could plug a 20 gig ipod.
i havent a keg or an ipod, have to make-do with CDrs, but they do the job.

kenwood make the sound system for the Mclaren F1 GTR! if thats the car built without comprimise...sh!t man, buy kenwood!!!

p.s alpine are also top class, but the prices are just as high

im not even going to explain to people who have bought kenwood, as its not worth the hassle

lets just say, quality is shocking, reliability is even worse, and they always look cheap

Quote: Originally posted by Bryan on 21 February 2005

im not even going to explain to people who have bought kenwood, as its not worth the hassle

lets just say, quality is shocking, reliability is even worse, and they always look cheap

Everyone has differing opinions as to whats cool and whats not. And i agree about the reliability... its gash. But they look anything but cheap imo and the quality of the sound & control you have over the sound is awesome

ITB'd 172 POPTART

Quote: Originally posted by cabbagekitten on 20 February 2005

DONT buy sony because theyre not compatible with anything. and very over priced

Yea they are abit over priced but sony is the system designed to work with renault. *correct me if im wrong, but thats what the buyers car guide said from the renault shelf* Everything is compatable with everything . . . . .to a certain extent. Im not just saying that cos i have a sony face off :D I think it was one of the first manufactures that had the adaption device for the lead jack to go in place. The CDX LX range :eek:

If im wrong ill edit my post!! :p

I agree with covkid, i had a kenwood when first brought my car, it was obviously a cheap one as it looked tacky and didnt even have the power to run the standard speakers, kept jumping whenever i hit a bump. My opinion - kenwood = poo.

Since then i have had 3diffo pioneer headunits, can fault them. Wouldnt buy another brand again!

PIONEER ALL THE WAY! :D

172 FF

Alpine 9833R. Cant fault mine. Looks good, sounds good.
Also has something like 500+ different colour illumination, so it matches the dash perfect at night time :p

try the kenwood w6527se special edition its got a 24bit burr brown DAC, amp mute sheilded case like the nakamichi a competition hu and last years model should be able to get one cheap

Clio 1.6 16v 2003

i got my 9831r plus ipod intrface for 267 deliveed of ebay, brande new boxed

so not expensive at all.

in my local ice shop car electronics derby, the package is £459

sony are only good at three things:

screens, laptops and portable audio

sony dont really make good car audio. Id expect them to be ace tho. Theyre top of the range headunits look sweet - but at an rrp of £600 it doesnt justify it.

The best all rounder is alpine. Theyre compatible with everything and unlike kenwood, the user interface is easy to use and settings are easy to configure.