ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Big Club Convoy : FCS 09 14/06/09

421 Cammed 172
Right then, thought it may be an idea to get a club convoy for FCS.

It will be hard work but i'm hoping many of the area reps will help out on this.

If the area reps for each area could post up their convoy points and then we'll try to merge them together as we get closer to Rockingham.

The main routes in are M6, M1 and A14. The A14 is pretty much the last decent sized road before you hit the smaller local roads.

There is a McDonalds & Esso Garage on the A14 between Junctions 6 and 7. This may be a good point to finalise the convoy and have everyone meet.

I believe the route from the West Midlands Direction (B* CV* TF* WS* WV*) would be M6 South, A14. The North Midlands Direction (DE* NG* LE*) Would be M42/M6 or M69/M1, A14.

I haven't been up that way for a while so if i'm wrong feel free to correct me.

If a mod could make this sticky at all i'd be grateful.

Gates Open @ 7am and the show beings @ 9am so times will need to be planned closer to the time i think.

Merc A class
Will be hard, As your going in you tend to get separated iirc

But last year the meganesport convoy got lost and all i remember seeing about 18 clios in convoy so we had to catch them up :D

421 Cammed 172
LOL, Best thing for it would be several cars in the pack to have Sat Nav and a car park somewhere near by Hotel or supermarket to finally group together.

Merc A class
LOL, Best thing for it would be several cars in the pack to have Sat Nav and a car park somewhere near by Hotel or supermarket to finally group together.

Yeah, i think most people just prefer to get to the show as they have massive hangovers from the night before lol! 4hours sleep isnt that healthy haha!

The amount of people i saw sleeping in there cars at the show last year was funny!

Ino there is a big Asda with Mcdonalds etc not that far away from Rockingham that could be an idea?

SchwepTek™
Most of the area reps including myself have their own individual area convoy threads so maybe its worth merging those.

TBH though i'm not really sure theres much point as there's over 100 clios and it just isnt possible.

421 Cammed 172
I didn't think there was over 100 - lol

It may be wiser to all just have seperate convoys and meet somewhere closer to Rockingham and them convoy around 1/2 a mile instead then.

Oh what a dying thread :eek:

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Most of the area reps including myself have their own individual area convoy threads so maybe its worth merging those.

TBH though i'm not really sure theres much point as there's over 100 clios and it just isnt possible.
+ 1.

IF you look in area rep bit of the forum schwepp i made a thread about a big convoy but me and hutchie decided it wouldnt be possible.

people will just got lost/split up and there are loads of people going at different times...

Id be more than happy to organise something though if thats what people want.

alien green rs133
i personally think it will be split into local hotel convoys and area convoys on the day

setting one convoy is a joke tbh as some are going friday some saturday at different times and some people traveling sunday, organising ONE convoy just isnt gonna happen

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Is it worth doing this closer to the time so people got more of an idea, it will be harder organising a big convoy, i think it will atract the police if you want it big, if this is going ahead i think it will be a good idea contacting them be on the safe side

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
We need a map sorting see where the people are staying on the Sat night and go from there

421 Cammed 172
How would you guys, as area reps, feel about having a bigger meet somewhere closer to rockingham so that the convoy doesn't have to travel as far.

This may avoid many of the issues of people getting lost etc...

If you guys think it's better arranged closer to the time we can start again say a week or 2 before the date??

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
I wouldn't mind that - but then you still have the issue of people arriving at different times.

FCS gates open at 7am

421 Cammed 172
True.

With car shows i generally arrive early, but i believe some people are arriving at around 8-8:30

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I wouldn't mind that - but then you still have the issue of people arriving at different times.

FCS gates open at 7am

As boosh said we need to be there for 07:00 sharp and before, times will be a big issue too. As Ad172UK said the closer to the are the better that's why i said get a map sorted out so we can get a good idea of a good central point

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
True.

With car shows i generally arrive early, but i believe some people are arriving at around 8-8:30

That time wont work if you want to do a convoy imo, the majority will be at he gates before 07:00

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
As boosh said we need to be there for 07:00 sharp and before, times will be a big issue too. As Ad172UK said the closer to the are the better that's why i said get a map sorted out so we can get a good idea of a good central point
Yeh but after a night out on the piss i dont think there will be many people wanting to get their for 7am. Im' planning on getting there about 9 or 10 if i go the night before on the lash.

But you should be able to get a decent convoy together - definatly do=able.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Yeh but after a night out on the piss i dont think there will be many people wanting to get their for 7am. Im' planning on getting there about 9 or 10 if i go the night before on the lash.

But you should be able to get a decent convoy together - definatly do=able.

If you come at the sort of time you wont have a good spot on the stand, i see your point though

alien green rs133
friday night and saturday session with early sat night ftw iirc

ill be at the gate at 7am come rain or shine :D

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
friday night and saturday session with early sat night ftw iirc

ill be at the gate at 7am come rain or shine :D

Did you come to 2008 FCS Hutchie? i cant remember. Aye defo early Sat night have a pizza a few sherberts in the Hotel FTFW