ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The dci smoke machine

Kangoo, XJ, Jeep GC
There was in in the scrappy had an intercooler last week when I was there so some must have had them so should be a straight swap. I've fitted a few dci80 coolers to dci65 clios easy swap

Nice one Martin. Is there a ‘how to’ thread knocking about ? And does fitting an intercooler make much difference ?

I know in theory it should, but theory and reality aren’t always the same thing.

Anyway, dipstick and Cat to downpipe gasket ordered from Renault. The dipstick was £27 and the gasket £6.

5 litres of oil from ECP was £18, oil filter £3.50, sump plug and washer a couple of quid, and replacement ‘O’ rings and copper washers for the oil feed pipe £10, (Renault wanted £51 !).

I’ve found a seller on eBay selling recon turbos for £75, and another selling used ones for £70 with a 90 day warranty. Both are an exact match for mine.

Not sure how good a £75 new turbo is going to be. Mind you, I’m not sure how good a £70 used one is going to be either.

Any thoughts chaps ?

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
Check his reviews, if there’s any comments on the Refurb ones.

I’d go for the Refurb one IMO.