ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Dreaded Knocking Noise

Clio
Hi all,

My Clio's been making a very annoying knocking noise. This only happens after I've been driving about 30mins though. It seems to be coming from the right hand side (drivers).

It only seems to make the noise when I'm pulling away in gear 1 and only when I turn my steering wheel at low speeds. It comes on when I break at low speeds as well.

I've had the local garage have a look at it on a ramp, but they said the gearbox mounts and bushes looked fine, as did the exhaust.

Can anyone shed any light on this for me?

Thanks,
Nick

clio sport 182
i got the same problem,i believe its the power steering pump,im going to look further into in tho as im dropping my engine soon

Clio
Update: I've just taken it too the garage and he reckons its the ball joint.

I'll post up if it is this.

Clio 182
Have got one also. Only hear it when you drive over small bumps like a cobbled street. Took it back to Renault Wirral who said it was the near side shock so they put a new one on but when i drove out it did it again. Have had a look but cant find anything. Any ideas????

clio sport 182
mine is deffinatly coming from behind the drivers side headlight somewhere,its a weird rattle that goes away after 3k

As above i began to hear this noise soo nafter having both belts done. Thought it could of been summin done there. It was in for the MOT yesterday and failed on the calipers sticking. After these where cleaned up there was still problems. Turns out need new carriers and bearings. Expalined about the sort of droning noise and reckons this could be due to the bearings. A few hundred quid and in a few days later i will let you know the outcome.