ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The great deals/rare parts thread

So was scrolling through ebay as you do and found a few things that seem like good deals, I thought since Im not going to buy them someone here might want to?

If anyone sees anything post here so clio sport members get the goodies before others!

Not sure if this is a copy or not..

Once you buy a course and sign up you will get more offers sent via email, I haven’t spent much and have a few courses now, I’ve got cam timing and launch control for free so far, boost control for $4, tuning fundamentals for 25quid odd and first 2 wiring courses at %50 off..
I would at least start with the club wiring course as there things you would never of thought of even basic wiring. Never use solder under any circumstance is one ;)

Are they just videos or is there questions after to check you've got it?
All the courses are just videos teaching you, no questionnaires or tests. There is a forum where you can ask questions and the other members and teachers pitch in so if something you dont understand fully from a video can be discussed further. There is a wiring sub forum and lots of info on tools, types of wire and where to buy the motorsport grade stuff. Also a projects build sub forum although I havnt properly looked through them yet. Its very well put together and they have a youtube channel with many interviews with motorsport teams and showcasing builds and technology in wrc, f1 and lots more. Sounds like im being payed to say this lol but what you get for the small price is almost stealing (with the offers)
If you dont want to buy (pay) for something right now, just use the offer and buy a course thats under 75 and get it for free..

Did you go for the motorsport wiring off the bat? I want to learn it too but I cant apply it right now so Im going to slowly learn it while I go for tuning. hmmm turbo build??

1985michael182

ClioSport Club Member
Nope I watched the free videos the I got the basic tuning course. No point going to the advanced stuff if I'm not clued up fully with everything else. So start from the beginning m8

1985michael182

ClioSport Club Member
Regarding the seat. I waited until the right seat came up at the right price. I checked on Ebay what was available then on tweeks to see full retail and anything on offer also JJC website.

I've done the first 2 wiring courses on HPA, they're well worth the money imo.
I managed to build from scratch a loom to suit an Omex 600 for my Clio and it is seemingly running with no issues so far, pending mapping...
The first course basically just goes over the basic principles of wiring, voltage, resistance etc. & the second goes into thorough detail as to how to plan/spec out a complete loom from scratch; what materials to use, tools to buy, construction methods etc. I really enjoyed doing the courses and have learned so much from them! Would definitely recommend them for the knowledge you'll gain alone, even if you never actually built a harness.

@1985michael182 lol what discount was it 50%?! And yeah Im going to keep searching and waiting for one to pop up, Ive seen the sabelt seats with the head braces pop up but I never bought one, though I sat in the car yesterday while doing work and thought to my self as I turned my head, theres no way I want one with a head brace for the street.

@Hazza462 Thats great to hear! It just tells me I need to pull my finger out and do the courses because the sooner I learn the sooner I can start working in the trade.

1985michael182

ClioSport Club Member
@1985michael182 lol what discount was it 50%?! And yeah Im going to keep searching and waiting for one to pop up, Ive seen the sabelt seats with the head braces pop up but I never bought one, though I sat in the car yesterday while doing work and thought to my self as I turned my head, theres no way I want one with a head brace for the street.

@Hazza462 Thats great to hear! It just tells me I need to pull my finger out and do the courses because the sooner I learn the sooner I can start working in the trade.

Which part of the trade are you interested in?

Tuning Im not sure. Ive been to a couple 'performance' garages one was Balance motorsport for corner weighting and another a while back, forgot the name but wouldnt go there again.