ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Green Machine

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Your attitude is impressive in a way to be honest. If I went from walking out of the house in the morning and getting into a relatively modern, V8 super saloon, to getting into a 30 year old diesel brick, I would be suicidal. Your love for these cars must be strong.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
I mean, I cut the rear springs on my V40 but at least I took the shocks and springs off the car to do it! haha

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Having cancer or surviving a bomb blast are also experiences

I honestly don’t think this is the thread for you mate. I appreciate feedback but if all you’re gonna do is come in and s**t on my car I think I’d rather you not bother.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
I honestly don’t think this is the thread for you mate. I appreciate feedback but if all you’re gonna do is come in and s**t on my car I think I’d rather you not bother.
I feel like you need the balance of people telling you that your Volvo is the best vs normal people who don't huff paint

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
The front end looks much better than when you first got it. When's the engine work start?

Won’t really be any with this other than a turn up of the fuel and boost. You have to spend a fair whack to get anything out of these.

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
@leeds_182 Jim I hate to tell you this but believe it or not there is actually a bigger old Volvo fan than you living near me. The reason I know this is because he brings one of these f*****s out every so often! It's f**king huge lol. I'll try and get a pic sometime.
2fcc4ab76345a526bfd6011a7b86cead.jpg

Most of the time he drives his normal 740/60 estate though.

Panda.

ClioSport Club Member
  850 T5
@leeds_182 Jim I hate to tell you this but believe it or not there is actually a bigger old Volvo fan than you living near me. The reason I know this is because he brings one of these f*****s out every so often! It's f**king huge lol. I'll try and get a pic sometime.

Most of the time he drives his normal 740/60 estate though.

That is epic!!

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
I bought another today. This is to replace the green machine as the daily driver. I won’t bother with a thread as it just upsets people!

CE8A4CF6-080A-4460-9500-1FFDC60D1907.jpeg

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
So you've got 3 again now? I agree the wagon looks much better than the saloon. Swap the mechanicals over and make the wagon into a good one?

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
I like the old estates but I think I prefer the saloons these days, just don’t see many of them about.

Panda.

ClioSport Club Member
  850 T5
Never been a massive fan of the saloons (except weirdly liking the 440/60’s but that’s more of a hatch I suppose).

I do really really want a 480 turbo. My folks hand a NA one years and years ago which my bro and I learnt to drive in around the farm.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Never been a massive fan of the saloons (except weirdly liking the 440/60’s but that’s more of a hatch I suppose).

I do really really want a 480 turbo. My folks hand a NA one years and years ago which my bro and I learnt to drive in around the farm.
My mum nearly bought a 480 turbo wne I was a kid. She really liked the shape but being a short arse she couldn't reach the pedals properly and bought a micra instead😢.

I think 480 Turbo's are weird, it's like they designed the front end and thought 'oh s**t we haven't put a grille on it' ah yeah it'll have to go under the bumper.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
I think 480 Turbo's are weird, it's like they designed the front end and thought 'oh s**t we haven't put a grille on it' ah yeah it'll have to go under the bumper.
Its like they finished it and took a step back and said "that so want look like a volvo, how can we put our ID on it?" and that was the only place it would fit😂.