ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The "Ive taken a pic and I kinda like it" thread

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I forgot that you had gone FF. The 50 should be fine then. Might struggle with a few wide things but should be really good for a walk around lens.

Another one from the Llandudno trip. Looks better in the square crop I think.

9423657468_9d4de35161_c.jpg

Square by A_Cro, on Flickr

2004 1.5 DCi 80 Dyna
A few pics from today, excuse the watermark, this is my job and they are for sale elsewhere.

1) Volunteer fire photographer, John McNaughton photographs the line of appliances on Walsall Road in Perry Barr after a paper recycling fire. John was the photographer behind the infamous Smethwick Fire image that was beamed around the world.

549533_10151803241615928_211823779_n.jpg

2) In total, eighteen appliances and one high platform were at the Perry Barr fire.

1095012_10151803241720928_589844986_n.jpg

3) Police officers are seen searching Wolverhampton's canal for evidence to help with their investigation after the body of a woman was found on the 24th of July. The canal had been closed for 3 months due to vandalism which meant the water was crystal clear. One of the officers commented that it was the clearest water they have ever searched.

1000306_10151803241750928_609935142_n.jpg

4) Officers are seen in a search line feeling the bottom of Wolverhampton's canal with their feet (in neoprene boots) trying to locate any evidence that may help with their enquiries.

1004932_10151803241840928_439799432_n.jpg

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
That first one is really cool, it's an unusual perspective, I hope the driver had skills so that he didn't run your foot over or something haha. An even slower shutter speed and thus more blur would make it even better :)

Cheers man.

Sam is good. I trusted him. He did come close when he caught grip but that was me being a tad too brave (stupid).

I got really lucky to get that. Didn't have my camera set up for it at all. I didn't have continuous focus or burst mode turned on. Got one chance to get a pic and that's what I got. It's a bit soft at full res but I am happy with it.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Couple of instagrams.

Just ran the Shard one through the filter a few times and it came out great.

Colours were genuinely split like that though.

zy9utyra.jpg

y4a6asuv.jpg

Yanoo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Williams
Scott, I could imagine your pic on the wall in my living room. It's awesome! Congrats!

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Couple of instagrams.

Just ran the Shard one through the filter a few times and it came out great.

Could you post those ones instead of the awful taken-with-a-potato shots you've put up there ?! :S

Never seen a decent result with a photo through instagram yet ! :dapprove:

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
There are quite a few that he's taken on his phone that look like they've been taken with his DSLR :p I'm sure he put a thread up with some of his pics taken on his phone.

S4 Avant
Heading to Llandudno again at the end of the month. Quite nice place actually, did you go up the orme and get any pictures from up there?

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Should have drove around the orme for the sunset. Lovely from there, especially if you go to the summit car park.

Really nice shots though. The pier one is probably my favourite.

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
I know, I didn't realise that the sun set would be behind the Orme, for shots of the pier a sunrise would be better with the sun rising in the east.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah, up from happy valley (turn left when on the orme) looking down on the pier or just off the road would get a nice shot at sunrise. Bit too early at this time of year for me though.

Artic Blue 182 FF
Some nice pics of Llandudno there. You should get some inside the a55 tunnels :quiet:

A pic i took earlier on a short hike...bit of overkill on the editing though. :)

bf36dfdc-09c4-4bbc-aef7-84da9dbf12fe.gif