ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The "Ive taken a pic and I kinda like it" thread

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
Had to nip up to London tonight to meet up with a wedding client, thought it would be rude not to do this shot again! I have done this photo 3 times with three different camera setups and this one was shot with the d800 & 35mm f.14 sigma.

10846034975_d7c2084ff5_b.jpg

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
Awesome shot! looks like it has had a texture applied in photoshop but you look twice and realise what is going on.

LY 182 FF CUPPED
I only the one camera/lens at the time so could show the condition of the lens afterwards.

If you know the 14-24mm you will be familiar with the from glass element and how exposed it is.

It was destroyed.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Cool shot Ben. I was so disappointed that there were barriers at the Trocadero (sp) so you couldn't get near the wall. Planned on plonking the camera on there with my 10 stop.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
I think the problem with LE shots in the touristy parts is the exact subject of your photo, ha. It's a cool shot mate, one I've not seen done before. If you look a few pages back I went for a far more cliched one :eek:

I'd love to go back to Paris from a selfish photo trip POV. Sadly I had the missus to entertain.

Haha, fortunately my missus is into photography and was even more determined to take lots of photos than me!
We both felt that Eiffel Tower was great for sitting next to drinking vino and eating cheese, but a nightmare for taking photos.
The missus got a cracking shot of St Peter's Square in Rome with someone right in front of us shooting on an IPad actually.
Instead of getting pee'd off with them, we decided to try and capture people shooting with them as we find it so funny!

Red Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus RS
Those light stands we were using worked quite well too. Very adjustable, just a bit noisy most of the time ;) :D

Yanoo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Williams
(Re)taken this morning, it was a wonderful foggy morning at the Hungarian-Slovakian border. Last weekend it was very cloudy but today it was perfect for taking a good autumn landscape.

10912166226_fbd9b861c4_o.jpg

Autumn at Medvesalja by <-Y->, on Flickr

2014 Focus Titanium
Went out last night for a bit and took a couple of photos of the clear sky. First time I've done it so quite pleased with these (although I wish I'd researched the sky a little bit more so I know what I was looking at), I'd love to do a proper star trail sometime.

First one taken with 55-250 IS and second with 50mm 1.8.

10947713784_af050dbb3c_c.jpg

Moon-1 by Alan D. Key, on Flickr

10947532505_ec4c0e3d62_c.jpg

Stars by Alan D. Key, on Flickr

Italian 3.2 V6
I really want to do something like this but the sky is never clear enough nor is there nowhere near enough stars showing! :(

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I like how the beach stones turn into bokeh. Can't think why you went for a bokeh type shot... ;)

Well... it didn't look that good without it tbh ;)

Might go back in the week with the 105 f/1.2 to see if I can get anything else, and a tripod! Although, having just double checked the settings, its only at f/2.5

Really like your 3. Favorite is probably "Hang gliders" but I really do like the range of colours in "See through"

Last edited: