ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The "Ive taken a pic and I kinda like it" thread

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
11654253083_44fd8bafac_z.png

Megane F1 Team by Niall97, on Flickr

Italian 3.2 V6
My first attempt at some architectural photography today. For some strange reason tripods weren't allowed inside which was frustrating as the quality of the photos are crap! This is were FF would really come in handy for me. :(

11732164806_8f8023b4d4_c.jpg

Carlisle Cathedral by Piers Hodgson, on Flickr

11731451875_83d9920392_c.jpg

11732256666_c51ae71859_c.jpg

11731938434_19f6518f2e_c.jpg

11731968884_e5937ca471_c.jpg

And I found this turret in a field..

11731990844_6e00352fa5_c.jpg

Lonely Turret by Piers Hodgson, on Flickr

cheers.

Some nice ceiling shots, don't get hung up on full frame by the time you have to stop the lens down for maximum depth of field and fit some heavier glass on you would need a tripod anyway even if you ramp up the ISO. At best you'll get 1 stop ISO improvement over the best APSC sensor.

I would wager in this situation a micro four thirds camera with a brilliant stabilisation system would do a better job than full frame. You could shoot at f4 (as opposed to f8 on full frame) that cancels out the ISO benefits of full frame. The lighter m4/3 would be easier to hold still than a full frame camera so less shake at slower shutter speeds and the 5 axis stabilisation system of say the Olympus should better any in lens system.

Swift Sport
Went for a walk and met a dog who wouldn't keep still for a picture, so I'm pretty happy that I managed to get a shot at all...

11733823254_851cf49ccc_z.jpg

Italian 3.2 V6
Some nice ceiling shots, don't get hung up on full frame by the time you have to stop the lens down for maximum depth of field and fit some heavier glass on you would need a tripod anyway even if you ramp up the ISO. At best you'll get 1 stop ISO improvement over the best APSC sensor.

I would wager in this situation a micro four thirds camera with a brilliant stabilisation system would do a better job than full frame. You could shoot at f4 (as opposed to f8 on full frame) that cancels out the ISO benefits of full frame. The lighter m4/3 would be easier to hold still than a full frame camera so less shake at slower shutter speeds and the 5 axis stabilisation system of say the Olympus should better any in lens system.

Cheers. Ahh I got the impression they were far better in low light situations? Although I get what your saying about the weight etc. Never the less, I still feel FF would suit most my needs perfectly, as I love my landscape photography

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers. Ahh I got the impression they were far better in low light situations? Although I get what your saying about the weight etc. Never the less, I still feel FF would suit most my needs perfectly, as I love my landscape photography

FF is generally better for low light due to lower pixel density, but there are some good APS-C sensors that can do surprisingly well.

One thing DXO mark can't measure is that 'look' to the photos though. The photos straight out of the camera look so much better on my 5D2 than they did my D7000, even with an identical lens (Sigma 50mm F1.4).

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Have you got light room Tonys? Will help with your editing if you do.
If so, on the control panel near the bottom, there is the lens corrections section. In the manual tab of it, bring the vertical in a bit. Maybe to -10? I know I go up to -30 at times with my 10-20mm.

Nice shot piers.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
It might be worth trying to find a copy then, or a plug in for aperture.
Does help with bringing in the verticals when using a wide lens.

Nice shots btw.

Yanoo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Williams
There is lens correction in Photoshop (Filter/Lens correction). Or launch Mini Bridge in Photoshop, double click on any pic and Camera Raw will start (if I remember correctly it depends on PS settings, so it may occur that the pic will open in PS not in CR). Or in Mini Bridge launch Review mode, press 'R' and Camera Raw will start. Camera Raw has got decent lens correction menu.

Thanks Niall, Ben it wasn't for a weird reason it's a nice shot!
Thanks, Brazo.
I just thought it was weird that it was that particular photo that hit the big views; over 8000 now!
Really like your abstract building shot ideas too and love the title of the last one.

Italian 3.2 V6
Thanks, Brazo.
I just thought it was weird that it was that particular photo that hit the big views; over 8000 now!
Really like your abstract building shot ideas too and love the title of the last one.

Waaaaa.. How the hell do you get so many views? Barr the obvious good pictures.. Is it due to contacts etc? My average is prob 100 views, one has gone up to 800 but that pathetic in comparison to you lol.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
It all depends if you make explore.
One shot I had had over 10,000 in 3 days due to it being on there. The higher up, generally the more views you'll get.
There's no specific way to get on there though. Some are tagged to death, put in groups etc. Some are left with no key words, not tagged, put in groups etc.