ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The "Ive taken a pic and I kinda like it" thread

Friday night messing about in the old man's car. Brand new Audi A4. So boring to drive!

adf900b290aa11e1af7612313813f8e8_7.jpg

Well after an absolutely s**t weekend of weather it was a pretty nice evening for photos. Took the dog out for a little walk around the fields behind the house, did a bit of snapping along the way.

7be4f88e922f11e180d51231380fcd7e_7.jpg

221ba9a0923011e18cf91231380fd29b_7.jpg

8e105296923011e1abb01231381b65e3_7.jpg

Brazo - how come you were shooting in Gloucester? Just down the road to me, would be food to meet up if you're there again.

Because its just down the road from me too ;)

To be honest I didn't get the best from my four hour session!! So yeah would be happy to do another night session there and I am sure we can attract a few others given its central location.

Ah right. I thought you were London way, as you post a lot from there.

I'd be keen to let all this crap weather pass first, and let the water go down too lol!

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
If there are any meets going on let me know I will see if I can get along! Some quality shots there Brazo.

I am thinking of heading in to London this Friday. Taking a half day at work, get my sensor cleaned while I am up there and have another go at using my ND filter.

Ah right. I thought you were London way, as you post a lot from there.

I'd be keen to let all this crap weather pass first, and let the water go down too lol!

Nah mate just love Night Photography and London is a great location. Girlfriend lives in Stroud and I'm in Cirencester a lot too and Newbury.

2.2 bar shed.
O'rly? I've lived in and out of Stroud for the past 10 years. Some epic shoot locations, if you havn't been to Selsley common at sunset then you're missing out.

O'rly? I've lived in and out of Stroud for the past 10 years. Some epic shoot locations, if you havn't been to Selsley common at sunset then you're missing out.

Thanks I'll check it out, feel free to divulge any more locations ;)

Its actually Edge, just outside Stroud!

2.2 bar shed.
Thanks I'll check it out, feel free to divulge any more locations ;)

Its actually Edge, just outside Stroud!

Theres some amazing old warehouses/mills that are worth an explore if you get time. They're all down along the valley and a couple of old hospitals on the outskirts. Also, tricorn house (the gash one by the roundabout) is not worth exploring. Its just full of needles and limes...

I was somewhat lacking inspiration on holiday but here are the first few I've touched up.

Looking again I actually dislike the b&w I've done on this one. Also noticed the GF's hands are in an unusual position and the dress is kinked... Critique after editing FTL :( Portraits clearly not my strong point.

6987613936_bd2e949056_z.png

Fuerteventura01 copy by Sam_Wick, on Flickr

Pool by night

6987614102_203f65bcfc_z.jpg

Fuerteventura02copy by Sam_Wick, on Flickr

Sneaking through the greenery

7133699239_298b2697f7_z.jpg

Fuerteventura03copy by Sam_Wick, on Flickr

I'll also be joining the West country Togs in September. Moving to Cheltenham :)

Brazo, loving your Glos Docks snaps, nice reflections :)

Click "share" then grab the HTML/BB code, usually in a 640 width format :)

Attempted to edit the one I killed above... Still not happy :(

6987723260_b7a1f2b2de_z.jpg

Fuerteventura01 copy by Sam_Wick, on Flickr

What aren't you happy about mate?

If I had to critique it I would say there are too many distractions in the photo to make the couple really standout. Having them against those upright railings on the right could have made a nice high contrast style shot.