ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

the law on sun visors

clio 172
ive just stripped my interior as a fast road track car but i now have no visors, if i was to put a sun strip on the car does this counter that or have i just thought up some good old bullsh*t lol, let me know what youve done and what i can do please thanks phil

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Sunstrip is your friend.

You just have to accept that the 5-0 may take an interest in you, and you'll likely have to strip it off at each MOT.

I couldn't find any other way around it myself. Never got pulled either.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I personally went as deep as I could as I had my arse on the floor of the car, came down the windscreen almost half way.

I ran opaque ones, started with yellow, then orange, then white, then decided to go for matt black so it wasn't so noticeable.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
100_8110.jpg

100_4692.jpg

IMG_1206a.jpg

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
The law on windscreens is no chip or obstruction in zone a ( the area of windscreen directly in front of the windscreen and the is just slightly wider than the steering wheel) greater than 10mm. Or 40mm collectively in zone b ( the rest of the windscreen that is swept by the windscreen wipers) so these would be an mot failure so therefore something you could be done for by the police.

clio 172
i understand that but what about removing sun visors if i was to fit a sun strip that covered the same as my visors would have surley this is a good alternative

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
But a sun strip isn't moveable like a sun visor so I don't know where you'd stand. All I know is that's the law on windscreens which we follow at work when carrying out pre-mot inspections.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
If you have a rollcage you can just bodge some visors up to it.

If you only go as far as the visors do then I can't see it being too offensive. However I really do advise going for a black one.

SQ5
Mine passed and it's very low, said it wasn't needed to be tested.

Used to be in MOT now isn't apparently?

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
hmmm confused.com so if i get a sun strip i should be ok or not ? lol well confused

At worst you'd have to remove it for each MOT. If you're just buying the basic vinyl strip wouldn't cost much more than £10 each time for a new one.

There's no law on sun visors so not having them fitted is no problem.

As said before though, drive like a prat or go anywhere near a McDs and the police will likely nick you for it.

clio 172
^^^ pmsl cool thats all i care about is the law on sun visors and if there aint one then im happy slap a sun strip on happy days ;)

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
used to be that sun strips cant intrude the area swept by your wipers, but ive had many cars go in with sunstrips and theyve never cared.

i had one because i stripped my mk1 (and have done my current mk2 project) massively and its safer to have a sunstrip that nothing, especially with a low seating position.

was pulled over many times in the car but they never said anything about the sunstrip!!
they did however mention it to my mate when he was pulled over in a similar car, his sunstrip was rediculous though, (like 14inches).
they just made him remove it at the road side!! lol

also really recognise your car dude!! seen it about a few times!! :)