ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

the melting wheel what is it ?

what is this problem with melting steering wheels i have seen it mentioned alot but im unsure what it actually is

Titanium 182
They get "veins" where the rubber/plastic melts and runs and the glue behind the sports thumbgrips melts and they come off / the rubber perishes and cracks.

will take a pic of it to see if it is

its only happened on one side of the wheel window side (i suppose if its heat related that makes sense

Monaco 172 sport
Common fault with the rs typical french junk !! There is a thread hear some where with about 500 people complaining about the wheel melting

It's A Reno
This is what it is. It's starting on the other side of my steering wheel too now. :(

P1000343.jpg

Golf GTD Mk7
Yep, bet R-Sport are selling loads of the Renaultsport steering wheels now.

How much though and are they the standard ones?

It cracks me up that when the car was advertised the wheel was quoted as "leather" . False advertising FTL.

Monaco 172 sport
The renault sport wheels do exactly the same. Cost of a new wheel from renault in the region of £300. KTEC do a service invoving carbon fibre thunmb grips and real leather recover for about 200 quid i think.

182 & Porsche 986
so called "leather" mine was like it when i bought it :( apparently it's do with sweaty palms reacting with it that makes it melt.