ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Mini

marc1330

ClioSport Club Member
  Hill lover
Took the mini for a blast today and took the camera along so I thought I would take some pics of the S ;)

mini105.jpg

mini101.jpg

mini095.jpg

mini093.jpg
mini098.jpg

Black Clio GT
^^^overdrive???
looks cool a f*ck mate, good work.
i want a sportspack cooper but doubt ill be able to fit in one, 6 foot, 17 stone rugby frame ftl :-(

marc1330

ClioSport Club Member
  Hill lover
f**king Mint!!!

Is that a handle/lever at the bottom of the gear stick?? If so what's it for?

Cheers for the comments chaps! The lever was fitted before i got the car when it was being competed and its to stop you slamming it into reverse when your giving it some through the box. Its got a jack knight Dog box (was not much fun around all the folk out on their sunday drives today) so fourth and reverse could get mistaken in the heat of battle!!!

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
That is such awesome little car !

Friend has recently bought a fairly mint '94 Cooper. He's a big guy, 6ft + prob 16 stone ? and I just laugh every time i see him drive it !

Retrotastic tho .. very very cool ! :cool:

marc1330

ClioSport Club Member
  Hill lover
Thats awsome. I need a classic Mini at some point. Engine standard?

The engine is based on historic rally spec. The previous owner de tuned it slightly as he didnt like the lumpiness, but i had the engine/box rebuilt and put back to what i thought it should be. Only problem is that its a bit mental now for road use but once it clears its lungs about 3-4k rpm it screams along.
Is does make me chuckle when people say their clio is two rough/noisy my cup feels like a roller compared to the mini :)
Heres the spec if anyone is interested
1293cc, Omega pistons, Rally head, Str930 cam (Miglia Cam), 1.5:1 roller rockers, Ultralight steel flywheel, Twin Hs6 carbs, Jkd involute Dog Box etc.
Stunning!

Is it a rep? Aren't they worth quite a bit?

Its the real deal not a rep. Had a couple interesting offers for the old girl ;)

was it originally a 1071? not too clued up about the dates the various 'S' models were introduced, but isn't it an early one? it's a bit special anyway!

and is that an olive drab 205 you've got there as well?!

questions, questions:D

marc1330

ClioSport Club Member
  Hill lover
was it originally a 1071? not too clued up about the dates the various 'S' models were introduced, but isn't it an early one? it's a bit special anyway!

and is that an olive drab 205 you've got there as well?!

questions, questions:D

It is an early one, its one of the very early 1275's.
Close with the olive Drab!! Its nato Green. Myself and a few mates did our own top gear/Gumball style rally in sept was brilliant. Got ourselves a 1.9 gti on the cheap and gave it a few coats of the MOD's finest.