ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Modifiers Manifesto

This is from another form that i frequent, thought the sentiment was spot on.

The Modifiers Manifesto
« on: Aug 11th, 2004, 10:38pm »

quote: taken from http://www.toyotagtturbo.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=9316&page=1#pid60622color=#005177 http://www.toyotagtturbo.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=9316&page=1#pi d60622
------------------------------------------------------------------------ --------

This is something people should stop to read...

We are the people you watch in disgust. We are the people who pass you on the freeway. We are the people whose noise haunts the blacktop in the twilight hours. We are the people who bring the rattle of a blitz blow off valve, the rasp of a HKS muffler, and the crack of a blue flame to the moonlight. We are the people that others stop on the sidewalk to watch pass in awe and disbelief. We are the people who work by day and play by night. We are the people who gather after dark. But why do we gather? What brings us all together?

We are car owners. With a distinctive difference. We put best part of our time into our cars. We didn?t just pay twenty grand for a car that already looked like this and never bother to wash it. We do all of the installation ourselves, or at least we know what is going on. We wash our cars every week. Most of the time in our own driveway or street, with a garden hose. Not at the car wash. We need to know our cars. And to do this we need to spend time with them. You can?t see that scratch or dent while you?re sitting in your driver?s seat. We hit all the bumps, and all the snags. Found that this won?t fit here the hard way, found out the value of a millimetre more space. We round out nuts and strip screws. We skin knuckles to the bone and we come out after dark to tell about it, and to show off a piece of ourselves. Something we created which is truly unique. Something that only we, as a group of like minded individuals, can fully understand and appreciate. But we are fading fast.

We are slowly being driven apart by the mindless few who attempt to join us. Driving dangerously, taking risks and breaking laws that were put there for public safety. We are tired of this and most of all we are tired of being stereotyped with these mindless few who refuse to obey the law. They are slowly destroying our way of life, and all that we have worked to achieve. We do not wish to be judged. We do not wish to be stereotyped into a category with the idiots who are destroying the very fabric of our culture. Those who hide in the shadows, waiting four our backs to turn like vultures, in an attempt to vandalise and steal the very equipment we work so hard to pay for. And where are the upholders of the laws we try so hard not to bend or break?

Ignoring our plight, because we have been categorised under the same label as this scum, the scum who destroy our hope, the scum who tear apart our dreams with the sound of shattering glass and alarms. The mindless few, who pilfer, steal and burn our pride. They do this because they do not understand us, and what they do not understand they fear.

This vehicle belongs to an enthusiast. Not one of these mindless idiots. This vehicle is cherished, because it represents a culture that is fading fast, and earning a bad reputation because of the mindless few that seek to destroy our way of life. Why they do this we do not know, but we do not wish to be prejudiced because of the actions of a mindless few. Next time you hear the rasp of a performance exhaust, or the hiss of a blow off valve, remember this:

? We are young people enjoying our lives, people who try to stay on the good side of the law, we do not wish to be judged. We simply wish to gather as we do, and to show how much work we are willing to undertake to prove ourselves as individuals. We do not judge, by race, colour or religion. Every one of us is equal. Every one of us is a unique individual, our views, tastes and opinions expressed through the style of the vehicle we drive. Understand this, and you will understand the results we work so hard to accomplish.?

Thank You For Taking The Time To Read This

Drive Safe, Next time you might not reach your destination.

THIS PAGE IS DEDICATED TO ALL THOSE PEOPLE WHO HAVE LOST THEIR LIVES DUE TO THE STUPIDITY OF THE MINDLESS FEW WHO REFUSE TO OBEY TRAFFIC LAWS.

Clio v6

Makes a nice change from the "Modifiers I see" Good on them.

"We are the people who bring the rattle of a blitz blow off valve, the rasp of a HKS muffler, and the crack of a blue flame to the moonlight. We are the people that others stop on the sidewalk to watch pass in awe and disbelief."

My sidewalk? Obviously not the UK modifiers society.

"Pass in awe and disbelief"? Not in my street. The modifiers I see on my 30mph street we ask "Why does it go boom boom boom and tssssh at 70mph ?" "Its 3am and my kids have just been woken up for the third night in a row"

The next time they come down my road in their lovingly modifed law abiding beauties, they will be spending most of the night gathering together to remove a hundred nails from their tyres.