ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Monaco Project

Well I’m all new to project threads so bear with me lol I’ve always been into my MX5’s but always looked at the Clio sports thinking one day I’ll have one, so a few weeks ago a young lad at work said he was thinking about selling his 172 for £600 didn’t really seemed interested at first Until started reading up on this site about the cars and seeing project threads a few hours later I was hooked!!
So after getting some info on the car he stripped the interior prepping it for a track car but lost interest in it and wanted a quick sale he said it came with brand new sparco sprint bucket seats, OMP seat frames, steering wheel, K-tech stealth super sport cat back with a brand new k-tech decat which needed fitting and lastly a spare “ported & polished inlet manifold. He said the important Cambelt and dephaser was done in 2012 but mileage wise it’s only done 20k so age wise it’s due. With all this I transferred some money over and now I own a Clio yay!

So enough with the back story let’s meet the car
So it’s a 172 in Monaco blue which I love! It’s only done 85k and it’s got a ton of history including the original bill of sale which is rather cool
One of the previous owners was a member on this site got a cliosport tax disc holder full of every single tax disc since it’s been on the road!

This is when I picked it up 3 weeks ago

Parked up next to my little Eunos

And the spare inlet

So that’s the car when I brought it since then I’ve fitted my k-tec exhaust system

And lastly today I fitted a new drivers door loom as the last owner just cut the electric mirror wiring and the speaker connector!

Old loom with the poor cut wiring

Old and new loom

New loom all fitted don’t pay attention to the yellow tape it’s just temporary until I get some new clips to connect to the door

So that’s where I am at the moment with the car my plans are to get this car back to it’s former glory definitely on the look out for a complete interior, complete with carpets, headliner and seat belts!

Haven’t posted for a while been hunting around locating bits of trim for the Clio I’m 90% there now.

Managed to get both the new door looms fitted as well as some door cards, replacement head lining plus all the pillar trims fitted

I noticed just before fitting the rear cards that the previous owner cut both the speaker wiring and door opening switch wiring, so off to the breakers and snipped some wiring from a Clio they had sitting there and managed to solder them back to the loom.

So finally got the cards all fitted up

Missing wiper arm back on

Then this morning I’ve finally had some time to get the interior carpet back in
And fit my ktec induction kit.

So that’s where I am at the moment still got lots more to do need to get the all the belts and depasher replaced fit the new inlet manifold, clean up the engine bay and bin the horrible coil overs and get some cup dampers and springs.