ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The new M3

Ad

MK2 FRS
would be a really tough call between the M3 and RS4, tbh the RS4 would edge it for.. they are always going to be a little rarer than the M3.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
If the bmw has rwd and they have similar output then surely the m3 will be the faster car

ian

Der Panzer
Are we going to get into an arguement about only driving fast in straight lines?

DUB mk2 golf gti!
sore it on the front cover when i opend my evo yesterday! yet to read the artical yet tho!

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  4 wheels
ive said it once and ill say it again i would still buy the rs4 it looks 10x better imo and will be rarer

4wd will never handle as well as rwd, even if it is 60/40 split

It's actually a 40-60 split on the RS4. I'd love to see an M3 keep up with an RS4 over different road/weather conditions.

i'd like to see an RS4 keep up with a tractor in a plouged field.

might be going slower on an uber bumpy soaking wet B road.......but hell i'd be giggling in the m3.

Der Panzer
It's actually a 40-60 split on the RS4. I'd love to see an M3 keep up with an RS4 over different road/weather conditions.

might be going slower on an uber bumpy soaking wet B road.......but hell i'd be giggling in the m3.

Put the crack pipe down. What relevance does a ploughed field have to road conditons?

Reference "uber bumpy soaking wet B road," I think you'll find an RS would rape an M3 in most conditions. The M3 CLS is stripped out. Isn't the boot floor made of cardboard or similar? At the end of the day if you want out and out performance an M3 is no the way to go. If you want a bit of both the RS4 is your choice.

I dont like the CSL.......but the new M3 is nice.

I'm just saying i like it more than the horribly undynamic RS4.

M3 will be more of a drivers car, nothing wrong with facing facts.

Der Panzer
I dont like the CSL.......but the new M3 is nice.

I'm just saying i like it more than the horribly undynamic RS4.

M3 will be more of a drivers car, nothing wrong with facing facts.

As ze Gormenz would say, "Ja ja."

Renaultsport 220T
Looks awesome. Even the mule looked good with the bonnet bulge.

Shot these at the Ring last October.

DSC_0770.jpg

DSC_0771.jpg

DSC_0795.jpg

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
to be honest, i would love the beemer, but the audi just seems rarer, and i love a4's!

Leon Cupra 300
The new M3 will hammer the RS4 in everyway apart from maybe a wet 'B' road? Seem to remember an article in Autocar yonks ago of the E46 M3 vs the S4 with 344 brake on a wet road, they did timed runs and the M3 was a fair bit quicker!

I do love the RS4's though dont get me wrong!!! My mates boss has one, he's 26 we all went out and it was mighty impressive! I've got a pic here
DSC00248.jpg

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

Put the crack pipe down. What relevance does a ploughed field have to road conditons?

Reference "uber bumpy soaking wet B road," I think you'll find an RS would rape an M3 in most conditions. The M3 CLS is stripped out. Isn't the boot floor made of cardboard or similar? At the end of the day if you want out and out performance an M3 is no the way to go. If you want a bit of both the RS4 is your choice.

An RS4 will not rape an M3 in any conditions.The 5th gear test showed that,There was not a great deal in it with the audi edging ahead.
Now imagine that car lighter and with say another 70bhp.
I think you know what im saying andya4

ian