ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The new Merc Sprinter? Any good?

Just asking if its any good? I might be getting a new 57 LWB For work but have also got the chance to have a 57 reg Peugeot Partner.

I'm starting courier work, And the van is all totally paid for, Which one would people go for?

Thanks.

Ly meg R26
i drive spritners every day of the week and to be fair they hardly ever go wrong, good strong vans and a good all rounder, plus they can take alot more weight than they say!

porsche 944 - 80's ftw!
New sprinters are great m8.

Ive hired one when they first came out while my old van was getting a part sent over form germany, which took 3 weeks to come.

They seem to be more stable with heavy loads at speed than the older models and as good if not better on fuel.

Wider side door then the old model which is a godsend.

Loads of cubbyholes and drinks holders too.

Is it a SWB model your considering as you say you can get a partner which is only a small van?

Is it just small van work you will do?

www.renparts.co.uk
bit of a difference mate.. partners are tiny... depends on the work load surely, or is fuel paid for as well?

Leon Cupra 300
Sprinter all day long... Our new ones are the 313's and a 318.. the latter goes like s**t off a stick, rwd too!:D

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
My mate runs the department in brum/solihull area for gerad mann who basically own everything mercedes in the uk.He says there good vans but cost loads out of warranty.
The new vito van is also a top van according to him.They have just released a brabus version too

M

mini-valver

I drive a 53 plate 308 hight top Sprinter and my boss has just had a 07 plate 309 high top Sprinter. The new one is slower but has a much better driving position, the wheel is alot more towards you if that makes sense, gearbox is really nice and smooth and the sliding doors are massive compared to the old ones!

Does'nt go as sideways as my 308 though :(

M

mini-valver

Yeah, just about! It's not a fast van by any means but it's good fun and handles surprisingly well. Sat on the limiter in 5th and 88mph racing a Transit on an A road....Good craic!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
The sprinters are amazing! Remap'd will see you sitting at 110 on the motorway!

M

mini-valver

Our Vito was fast! 115mph easily, it was only the 109 aswell!

M

mini-valver

Lol! My 308 is fully loaded with tools but it's stil pokey for a big van with a boggo tractor lump!

My old man is GM of VW in cheltenham if you are interested in a VW crafter ( built in the same factory as the sprinter ) send me a pm and i will pass your details on fella, people from all over seem to buy from him, chap from ireland came over the other week and picked up a few transporters and crafters he had ordered.