ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The newish daily

Charged Superleggera
Not posted on here for a while but as many of you guys know i decided to break my old charged ek9 in the summer, which is just pretty much just a shell now. Bought the BMW a week later and so far it has been a nice car to own. Always been a big fan of the e46 shape and the facelift even more so. The car feels solid, well made and handles reasonably well. It is however under powered for a 2.0 and a bit thirsty. Its not even a shadow of the ek9 in terms of fun but it was never really bought to replace the ek9. Overall im happy with it and for the time being im just wanting to keep on top of it. So far i have replaced the following:

-The front wishbones
-4 wheel alighnment
-Service kit from BMW(all filters and spark plugs)
-Castrol edge 5w30 fully synthetic oil
-Brembo max front and rear brakes/pads
-new handbrake shoes
-new mats
-Fresh front and rear plates
-new bosch wipers
-dension ice ipod integration kit.

Also Ben (Brembo) on here did a great job of PC'ing it which really brought out the colour of the car. Thanks again mate :)

Still to do:

-Gearbox oil change-Bmw say its non serviceable but at 100k miles it makes sense to service the box with some fresh MTF oil
-Alcantara seats to freshen up the interior.

BMW ownership isnt that expensive just as long as you know how to do the work yourself. I was quoted £200 for a gearbox oil change by bmw. The oil costs £25 to buy from them and would take about 1 hour to do. Also quoted me £1200 for rear wheel bearings and front wishbones, which again can be done for less than £250 if you know what your doing and plenty of guides on the internet if you dont.

Old civic

IMGP0228.jpg

IMGP0236.jpg

IMGP0289.jpg

DSC00670.jpg

DSC00652.jpg

DSC00645.jpg

DSC00632.jpg

DSC00620.jpg

DSC00592.jpg

DSC00617.jpg

DSC00584.jpg

DSC00580.jpg

DSC00579.jpg

DSC00573.jpg

DSC00566.jpg

DSC00561.jpg

DSC00559.jpg

DSC00551.jpg

DSC00531.jpg

DSC00524.jpg

DSC00522.jpg

The sapphire black paint looks much nicer in day light. The eagle eyed may spot the nose of the ek9 shell peeking out of the garage in the background.

DSC00163.jpg

Oil and brakes to be done tomorrow hopefully

DSC00712.jpg

DSC00714.jpg

DSC00718.jpg

Firas

BMW E90 & PH2 172
Nice looking E46 mate, I see your fitting the same brakes ive just fitted well worth it mate very good brakes TBH, also your head lights are crying out for White LED Sidelights lol

Monaco
Cracking car. I love the newer (mv4?) sports wheels.

Mv3 i think (IIRC mv4 are the 19" ones that crack all the time). would love to see them spaced a bit to give it a tad more stance.

I like you love that shape, except I could just couldn't justify the services costs or thirst.

Charged Superleggera
Nice looking E46 mate, I see your fitting the same brakes ive just fitted well worth it mate very good brakes TBH, also your head lights are crying out for White LED Sidelights lol

cheers mate. Yeh looking forward to fitting the brembo's. Only heard good things about them. As for sidelights i think i am going to remove them altogether.

318ci then?

What iPod setup are you using?

yeh 318ci mate.

its the denison ice. had the the connects2 before and would recommend the dice over it. the connect2 felt cheap and the wiring was poor. also the dice is the only one that displays the song/artists text. it charges the ipod and allows you to control it from the steering wheel as well. only bad point is that it disconnects the ipod clicker wheel so you cant navigate from the ipod when its plugged in.

Cracking car. I love the newer (mv4?) sports wheels.

cheers mate. As jack said they are mv3 wheels. Likewise i Prefer them to the mv2 wheels. MV4 wheels only come in 19inch i think and the offset is too wide for the e46 as well.

Mv3 i think (IIRC mv4 are the 19" ones that crack all the time). would love to see them spaced a bit to give it a tad more stance.

I like you love that shape, except I could just couldn't justify the services costs or thirst.

was so close to buying a set of coilovers and csl wheels but managed to resist as i dont really want to go down that route again lol. Servicing isnt that bad tbh mate. Engines tend to be solid and are chain driven. Parts arent too expensive but tyres are not cheap.

Evo 5 RS
As weeman says

Why on earth, and I mean that with every bone in my body, did you think it was sensible to break that Civic after you'd spent all that time and money getting it to that standard...only to go out and buy an operation trident mobile.

I am much disappoint yes.

Saying that, the bimmer does look really well... still

BMW E90 & PH2 172
cheers mate. Yeh looking forward to fitting the brembo's. Only heard good things about them. As for sidelights i think i am going to remove them altogether.

Just get these link below will match you headlights and also the they are the Error free ones so wont bring the light on the dash unlike the ones i have fitted, Yeah they are good ive only just had mine ive just gone over the 200mile bedding in

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-E46-E...arParts_SM&hash=item27bd9c3615#ht_2925wt_1270

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
Thats a bizarre choice - the civic was just stunning. Welcome to the world of a mediocre bmw.

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Love this BMW, so tempted to get a diesel version

Looking good mate, as said loose the sidelights :)