ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Open Championship 2008

got a chance to try out the Canon 70-200 F4L i picked up today...still nothing special, but love the lens.......pretty hard to time players swings right, as the continuous shutter on my camera only does something like 2 frames a second :dapprove: only managed to go through about 200 of the 1200 i took, here are a couple of them....

...all straight off the camera, cant yet get all the colors/shades the same on every pic, was using manual all day too...

IMG_2079.gif

IMG_2072.gif

IMG_2069.gif

IMG_1976.gif

IMG_1918.gif

IMG_1841.gif

IMG_0983.gif

IMG_0931.gif

IMG_1027.gif

IMG_1632.gif

IMG_1354.gif

2014 Focus Titanium
Man I'm so jealous! Not bad for a first effort at all!

With regards to the timing, it just comes with practice, I've nailed it not so that I can get a shot of the impact pretty much 80-90% of the time it just takes a lot of practice!

Superb mate, really really impressed by them. The set gets better as you scroll down through them in my opinion. Love the last one, and also the 3rd to last one where you can just see the grass in the air from the impact.

I've never shot golf before so can't really help, but with Motorsport I actually find it easier to ignore 'burst' mode and go for one killer shot. Like you I can only shoot at 2fps, so I imagine for a golf swing you are only ever potentially going to get one of them spot on...and in that case I would just prepare yourself for one shot.

Cupra
Nice shots.

IMG_1841.gif

I really like this one for some reason... but what on earth possessed him to put those trousers on that morning????

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
good effort. Those trousers are quote tame for Poulter! Love the one of Mickleson with the grass moving.

cheers for the comments......il try single shot next time then, also found that i was lacking distance with shots i wanted to take, maybe a 1.4x extender next? not sure

most auto, some manual........all the ones there are auto probably, thers 1547 total, just going through them now lol

2014 Focus Titanium
Superb mate, really really impressed by them. The set gets better as you scroll down through them in my opinion. Love the last one, and also the 3rd to last one where you can just see the grass in the air from the impact.

I've never shot golf before so can't really help, but with Motorsport I actually find it easier to ignore 'burst' mode and go for one killer shot. Like you I can only shoot at 2fps, so I imagine for a golf swing you are only ever potentially going to get one of them spot on...and in that case I would just prepare yourself for one shot.

Agreed, timing is the key, its not easy to catch something that accelerates from 0-120mph-0 in 1.5 seconds so just going for one shot is the best way.

P.S. Its a pitty you cut off the clubhead in the mickleson shot, that would have made it very nice!

A4 Avant
I really like the fourth from last shot.

In some of the full body swing shots, it would be cool if you could get some body/club movement into them.

182cup & 172 racecar
Some good shots there,if your going again look out for Gary Boyd,he is from my golf club used to play golf with him,only turned pro last year and qulified first time of trying

M2 / Golf GTI
Was this yesterday? Didn't think they let cameras in on championship days. Anyway im heading up late tonight to watch the friday and saturday action. :) Can't wait.

Some good shots there,if your going again look out for Gary Boyd,he is from my golf club used to play golf with him,only turned pro last year and qulified first time of trying

saw his name yesterday, good stuff

Was this yesterday? Didn't think they let cameras in on championship days. Anyway im heading up late tonight to watch the friday and saturday action. :) Can't wait.

went on wednesday, was a practice day......no cameras on championship days apart from press :dapprove:

ive got a ton of adjusted ones uploading at the moment to a gallery, il dump the link in here when they are done mid afternoon :)

i like to see the position of the players at the top of the swing, you got it spot on in pic 2 and a nice shot of appleby in pic 1 :)

looking forward to the rest :cool:

Renaultsport 220T
Great win for Padraig Harrington!!!! :D :D :D

Unlucky for Norman in the end, but still amazing for him.