ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The point of an iPad

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
welcome to my world .. ended up buying a bigger model just to get one

Actually none in the whole of the north, unless you get an original ipad.

Been asked to buy another for my uncle too so I am supposed to find 2 tomorrow morning now.

Dont see the point IMO. Dont get the whole Apple thing atall....

Can they download Flash Player?

Thats what pisses me off about my iphone4, not being able to watch video on say, BBC website etc....

The flash is the only thing that annoys me with Apple but things catch on and over the next few years I think all websites will be iPhone/iPad compatible imo.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
The flash is the only thing that annoys me with Apple but things catch on and over the next few years I think all websites will be iPhone/iPad compatible imo.

Flash is such a power hungry application as it uses a software decoder on mobile devices, apple refusing to use it will only benefit the whole mobile technology industry tbh.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Dont see the point IMO. Dont get the whole Apple thing atall....

Can they download Flash Player?

Thats what pisses me off about my iphone4, not being able to watch video on say, BBC website etc....

iPlayer works, BBC news app works. What other video is there?

Mr2 Roadster
I didn't need one but I bought one in the first week of release to see what the hype was about. I wouldn't be without it now!

Tax Right off ftw!

95% of my web use is through my iPad, it probably gets 3 or 4 hours use per day. My iPhone is virtually redundant and my PC only gets fired up if I have 1,000+ photos to edit. Aside from the occasional niggle (i.e large pics on Cliosport don't appear fully) I've not got any issues, a big deal is made of the lack of flash but the vast majority of decent websites work perfectly.

I was never quite sure what it would be used for when I bought it, but in terms of cost vs useage it's probably the best purchase I've ever made. Quite surprised at how much gaming I do on it, I'm a tower defence and point and click junkie so it's pretty much perfect. Battery life is superb, easily 10hrs+ on a charge.

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
95% of my web use is through my iPad, it probably gets 3 or 4 hours use per day. My iPhone is virtually redundant and my PC only gets fired up if I have 1,000+ photos to edit. Aside from the occasional niggle (i.e large pics on Cliosport don't appear fully) I've not got any issues, a big deal is made of the lack of flash but the vast majority of decent websites work perfectly.

I was never quite sure what it would be used for when I bought it, but in terms of cost vs useage it's probably the best purchase I've ever made. Quite surprised at how much gaming I do on it, I'm a tower defence and point and click junkie so it's pretty much perfect. Battery life is superb, easily 10hrs+ on a charge.

put two fingers together and drag the from side to side on the image and it'll scroll across to show th full image. Found out by accident the othe day.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Two finger drag the big pictures to the left and you can see the whole thing.

Two finger drag the big pictures to the left and you can see the whole thing.

Genius! It's the only forum I have that problem with, oddly.

GeoDefense - http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/geodefense/id305608325?mt=8 (won't open iTunes)

Best TD game I've found. There's also 'GD Swarm' too and that's great.

Played them to death on my iPhone, awesome games, would love an 'HD' version with new levels. My favourite iPad specific titles are iBomber Defence, Tower Madness and Starfall. Those few alone have probably eaten up more gaming time than my XBox 360 ever has.

Tower Madness I have. Will give the other two a go.

Yeah, I game on my iPad more than anything else. Fruit Ninja HD (on sale atm) and Super Stick Golf are my faves really.

Can't wait for Angry Birds to sync over devices. I don't want to start again on my iPad.

Inferno 182 CUP
Ok tech gurus

I'm looking for an app to remote control my mac ..

I would like it to be controllable from a distance ... I.e across town on a separate

I have splash top which is cool BUT my iPad must also be on the same local network to run it :(

Ibiza FR
Ok tech gurus

I'm looking for an app to remote control my mac ..

I would like it to be controlable from a distance ... I.e across town on a separate

I have splash top which is cool BUT my iPad must also be on the same local network to run it :(

Logmein? I haven't tried it on ipad but it should do what you want after using it on PC.

I love my iPad, way better than my netbook which I loved. Instantly boots up, better battery life, faster, nicer to use, the list goes on! I sit as a desk all day at work, so nice to be able to sit back with this on my lap :)

Some of the apps are awesome too, love watching live tv when the other half is hogging the tv with soaps ;)

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
I used to wonder what the point of a iPad was, but now CS has educated me I'm certain I'll get one this year.

I'm not sure if I should thank you all for that or not!

Kawasaki ER6N
So after I said they were pointless I went out and purchased a 64gb one today and quite enjoying it lol.

Clio 182 FF
ive just picked up my ipad 2, maybe being a little dumb but no where on the packaging or on the ipad 2 does it say its an ipad 2, just says ipad on the back.
ive googled images and some say ipad 2 on the back, is this the case??
cheers

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
We need a thread that teaches us how to do all the seriously cool syncing stuff.

I'm still new-ish to mac, so I wouldn't be able to do it as easily as I can on PC, so when I get one, I want full functionality explained to me by cliosport. :)

Kawasaki ER6N
So first work morning with the iPad and I hate to admit it but it makes a lot of sense so much easier to just press one button etc. Should have got one sooner lol. Thank you cs.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
It syncs the same as an iPhone does on your PC.

Really? Does it? Oh wow, how clever... :rolleyes:

I meant all the stuff to be able to control your mac etc.

I want everything linked together, my mac to my tv, this to my mac, and something with my phone too.

I already love the little Logitech thing, as I can control my mac whilst it's plugged into my tv with my iPhone, very nice indeed.