ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The punto boys talk about the V6 ...

Der Panzer
Page one is just silliness. As it goes on some people with an idea pop in.

As it goes I don't rate the V6 either. Yes, I know I've never driven one etc, blah blah blah. I just think there are better ways to spend to money. Could be wonrg, but I doubt it. ;)

T

thecremeegg

I love the way people that drive puntos are having a go at 172s and 182s.....i know which id rather have!!!

tiTTy & SV650
bit clueless in places.

lol at the:

Fix
It
Again
Tomorrow

owner who slags French cars though - pot, kettle? BLACK

mk1 172
The spelling is brilliant

"there was 2 much traffic to try anyfin stupid and go after him"

Shows the level (in my opinion!)

MINI Cooper S
The spelling is brilliant

"there was 2 much traffic to try anyfin stupid and go after him"

Shows the level (in my opinion!)

Like he would of caught up with him anyway!

All the punto's round my area are driven by complete chavvy tossa's... I did see one nice looking one once though :)

Mini Cooper S sport
Most of them were reasonably complimentary I thought, apart from the few who were a bit clueless.

D

dick

yer a lot of them towards were nothing but nice about clios, first few wre slightly misguided tho.

bless um

330i. E30 Touring.
I've had my fair share of puntos, used to love them! No way as quick as a v6, thats just crazy!

182BG
it annoys me when people are so ignorant about other cars.
Try improving your knowledge on them first!!!

Members of cliosport are so much more open-minded ;) thats why this is blatently the best forum on the net

172cup
it annoys me when people are so ignorant about other cars.
Try improving your knowledge on them first!!!

Members of cliosport are so much more open-minded ;) thats why this is blatently the best forum on the net

I would have disagreed with that if the XROC forum was still going... however looking at many other forums (even ones that should be into the same stuff [ie. WC].... i have to agree with you

ph2 172
To be fair those gt puntos are quick cars but comparing one to a 172/182 is silly and comparing one to a V6, well.......................................no contest really is there!

MK2 PH2 & E46 330
sumone said they saw one in a scrapyard and were dissapointed to see the arches are just a bolt on extension....

that cant be right can it? unless hes seen a poor v6 bodykit on a normal clio...

sumone said they saw one in a scrapyard and were dissapointed to see the arches are just a bolt on extension....

that cant be right can it? unless hes seen a poor v6 bodykit on a normal clio...

iirc they are an extension

The wings themselves are bolded on but there are bits which are part off jointed to the shell from new.

At the end of the day its all realy removable it woulnd't be effective to make it out of solid stucture.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
I think that they are quite quick in a straight line but they arent very good in the corners.

hahahah cant beleive i heard that from a punto driver! puntos handle bollox doesnt matter what suspension you put on it, the chassis is toss!

LMFAO @ post #3 and the boxing smiley. I nearly spat my coffee all over my screen. Classic post. Post of the year :star:

Clio v6
Such a breath of fresh air being referred to one of these threads to find they majority of them well mannered, respectful, and open minded to other marques.

God forbid they ever visit Cliosport.

Elise/VX220/R26
Am I missing something or would a 190bhp punto not actually give a standard v6 a run for its money? V6s arent "that fast" A coilovered tuned punto would be all over a v6. Fair enough its comparing tuned with standard but theres wouldnt be a great deal off difference (apart from the in the punto you'd look like a chav ;))

Disagree that a clio v6 is a supercar too TBH

Am I missing something or would a 190bhp punto not actually give a standard v6 a run for its money? V6s arent "that fast" A coilovered tuned punto would be all over a v6. Fair enough its comparing tuned with standard but theres wouldnt be a great deal off difference (apart from the in the punto you'd look like a chav ;))

Disagree that a clio v6 is a supercar too TBH

I would have thought so due to it power to weight? my old 200bhp 5GTT would piss all over my V6 due to its weight.

I would never call the V6 a supercar either, but it has a supercar layout/looks (like your VX, only with better pwr to wight...lol)

Simon

Golf 7R
I have just had a gander, and to be honest there pretty knowledgeable about the clio range. A few people aside they were open minded and quite complimentary.... a nice forum to have and be in, and as usual things have got dragged out of proportion!!
Christ knows what other forums think of us its quite embarrassing at times...

Such a breath of fresh air being referred to one of these threads to find they majority of them well mannered, respectful, and open minded to other marques.

God forbid they ever visit Cliosport.

Hey guys i signed up here a few days ago as i was looking for some information on a clio and whereabouts of the I.C.V (without looking at an enigne bay before) and i found your site very helpful and pleasent,
Thanks For your comments about us on PSC.

ohhh and to the comment about all punto drivers are chavs.... :rasp:,
wheres my bottle of white lighting?

Mini Cooper S sport
ummm I feel the erge to register and post up abusive comments! must hold back...

Oh well done, you did us all proud :rolleyes:

Luckily they didn't rise to you and your 'supercar'.

They seem like a really nice bunch, I wonder if other car clubs have the same impression of us?