ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Runabout

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
With the Audi up for sale i had to get a runabout to use so when it does sell so i won't be car less. Went car hunting with my mate one weekend and saw lots of s**t then found a nice diamond in the rough. It's good to go back to my Honda roots ha.

20180103_082438.jpg

Its a bloody bus! It's so huge it barely fits on the drive at home. I do love it already. One of the problems it had when i picked it up was it needed a knock sensor. So a trip to the local Honda dealer and picked one up, it was a bit of a ball ache to fit, but now it's done i have no engine light so happy days. The other problem i have is the tailgate doesn't open, it's quite a common problem, but i haven't looked into yet and i don't use the boot much and you can still open it from the inside so doesn't bother me that much.

As it's just a comfy cruiser to get to me to work i thought i would fit some audio upgrades as the standard system is a bit lack lustre (if you get the premium sound system it's actually good) Unfortunately as the standard stereo contains all the heater controls etc it's not really viable to change, so i fitted a kit to allow me to use a normal head unit under the standard one. Does the job and looks really tidy and quite good quality.

IMG-20180106-WA0003.jpeg

While i was at it i had my old 15 inch sub sitting around from years ago so i thought why not put it in the Accord...Big mistake haha, it's so loud that i kind of regret it, but it's funny to see people faces when it's just a standard Accord driving past thumping the tunes! I will upgrade the front speakers as well in February to something a bit nicer.

Bungee cord special! Apart from that i don't have many plan's, i have a couple of bits of trim to replace/tidy up, just run and maintain it. It's actually a really good car with good history and it drives really nice. I'm very happy with it as a runabout!

IMG-20180106-WA0002.jpg

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
I like the saloon version of these, the estate seams like the back end was just welded on the back without a thought.
Should be a good bus though.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
That sub!!

Test drove a 2.4 Estate before buying our Mazda 6. Was a real toss up between them, was the most uninterested I've ever been when car shopping!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Like the Accord, the high spec saloons always seemed so much car for the money.

Love the Accord, my last car purchase was a choice between one of these or the Mondeo ST 155. Picked the Ford due to looks and handling.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Love a good accord. Think they are/were superb VFM.

However I question why anyone over the age of 17 fits a massive sub in the boot of their car and tries to pass it off as "for a laugh".

Reactions: DrR

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172

However I question why anyone over the age of 17 fits a massive sub in the boot of their car and tries to pass it off as "for a laugh".
Because sometimes life’s taken too seriouslet:)

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Looks really Tudy that fair play!
Is it a 2.2 d in these?

Yer it was Honda's first attempt at a diesel engine and it really moved the game on. It was an all aluminium block. Mine is just the 2.0 petrol with around 160bhp. It is slow don't get me wrong, but this engine is built for economy and so far i have had 350 miles out of the tank and still have a bit to go so can't complain for an old petrol.

That sub!!

Test drove a 2.4 Estate before buying our Mazda 6. Was a real toss up between them, was the most uninterested I've ever been when car shopping!

Yer the Type S with the K24 is a good engine, alot of people take the head off and use the K20a2 (Civic Type R) head and you can get good power out of them!

Decent barge, and dat sub is hilarious

Thanks, yes it is lol. It looks small in the photo because the boot is so big! I still have more boot space than some cars do normally.

I'm 27 now and not many people my age would even think about driving an Accord estate which is kind of why i like it more. With regards to the sub it is ridiculous don't get me wrong, but i had it sitting around doing nothing so thought i might as well stick it in this. It's funny seeing people reactions, but it is annoying most of the time. It just ties in with the whole kind of sleeper look. Just a totally standard car with crazy bass so it's a bit of fun.

This car will probably be around for a couple of months and the move it on so the sub can go with it haha.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
You one those idiots that drives around pissing everyone off with their stupid bass?

Nice barge though. Was looking at these but went for a Saab in the end.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
You one those idiots that drives around pissing everyone off with their stupid bass?

Nice barge though. Was looking at these but went for a Saab in the end.

Sometimes yes haha i will accept that. Most of the time it's kept low just the odd track every now and then. I do like the Saab's but didn't see many nice ones for the cheap budget i had at the time.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Was other way round for me! Couldn’t find a cheap enough accord! Swap lol?

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Was other way round for me! Couldn’t find a cheap enough accord! Swap lol?

That could be a possibility down the line. This car cost me a bargain £630 and is really clean for it's age. What Saab have you got?

Again regarding the sub i'm not a complete c**t about it, i'm respectful of the time of day and my surrounds and little kids etc.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
That could be a possibility down the line. This car cost me a bargain £630 and is really clean for it's age. What Saab have you got?

Again regarding the sub i'm not a complete c**t about it, i'm respectful of the time of day and my surrounds and little kids etc.

Bargain! Nah I’ll be keeping the Saab until death. It’s a 9-3 1.9tid vector sport sportswagen if you want it’s full title. It must be sporty it has sport twice in its name!

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Bargain! Nah I’ll be keeping the Saab until death. It’s a 9-3 1.9tid vector sport sportswagen if you want it’s full title. It must be sporty it has sport twice in its name!
Or not sporty at all.. like a double-negative, it cancels itself out.

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
All these c***s moaning about subs are the same dicks who pup "pops n bangz for teh lolz" maps on a clio.

I like it. I also like the sub. Tunes to 30hz?

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
You ever sat in a car with a proper sub like that? It's f**king hilarious when the bass drops

Lol im not taking the negative comments seriously, life is too short. I would much rather listen to some tunes than sit there key banging for the lols that's for sure. I might even upgrade to an 18inch just to take the piss. Everyone has their opinion and that's fine with me.

When the bass drops on the right track is it ridiculous, most of the music i listen to doesn't have crazy bass anyways so it only over powers it a little bit. When i get the speakers in a couple of weeks it will be better balanced.

The sub is tuned to 30hz i believe and the gain was all set properly with an oscilloscope