ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The silky smooth cleaned up Japanese whale penis (Or 200sx).

Some may know I refer to the car as the Whale Penis now and again, f**k knows why. Anyway, cleaned and sealed it up for the winter. Regas will be coming off soon for winter rims to go on :(

6108622664_5d41981de7_b.jpg

SX Side by gaz_roberts01, on Flickr

6108621058_860d083607_b.jpg

SX Nose by gaz_roberts01, on Flickr

6108619268_1111d44b4a_b.jpg

SX Rear Flank by gaz_roberts01, on Flickr

6108068221_a436854da4_b.jpg

SX by gaz_roberts01, on Flickr

6108065889_6bf0a70b0c_b.jpg

SX Angle by gaz_roberts01, on Flickr

6108063081_dedc589cc3_b.jpg

SX Nose & Trailer by gaz_roberts01, on Flickr

6108609178_06da25be30_b.jpg

SX Above by gaz_roberts01, on Flickr

6108057725_a4345c4bc3_b.jpg

SX Junction Front by gaz_roberts01, on Flickr

6108604910_8cccf2e40d_b.jpg

SX Junction Front Above by gaz_roberts01, on Flickr

6108624006_49508d9aa6_b.jpg

SX Junction Rear by gaz_roberts01, on Flickr

So yeah, There you go. One shining whale penis.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Looking good Gaz! Even the wheels.. :eek:

Not sold on the whale penis though!

Looks facking clean though!

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Mint.

I do like these buses... not sure what a whales penis looks like, but I'm going to assume they didn't base the styling on that !?

What's the deal with them Gaz ? I do fancy one at some point in the future...

Good to drive ? Reliable ? Fast ? Cheap to run or bankrupting territory ? I love the s15a's but I think an s14 will suffice :) Not a big fan of the 13s...

Looking good Gaz! Even the wheels.. :eek:

Not sold on the whale penis though!

Gosh! It takes time to become accustomed to the Whale Schlong.

Mint.

I do like these buses... not sure what a whales penis looks like, but I'm going to assume they didn't base the styling on that !?

What's the deal with them Gaz ? I do fancy one at some point in the future...

Good to drive ? Reliable ? Fast ? Cheap to run or bankrupting territory ? I love the s15a's but I think an s14 will suffice :) Not a big fan of the 13s...

LOL no, I call it the whale penis because it's long and black.

Great to drive with a decent alignment, lowered and stiffened up. Standard is very wallowy.

Reliabilty, never left me stranded. Plenty of them rolling way past 100-150k now. Watch out for VVT rattle, big ends, top end etc.

Speed, standard isn't so quick at 200bhp, but so easy to tune. In it's current guise (1.2bar, 270-290bhp) I've upset an older Cayenne Turbo and I have no worries about similar powered Subarus, Evos etc due to the weight. Also left an E46 M3 owner rather unhappy. It's the 0-60 that let's them down, when rolling, they're very rapid. 60-Jail speed is ridiculous.

Running costs, Insurance isn't too bad. Tax is a mere £210 IIRC. Run on super only, so that can get expensive. Best mpg I've had out of it is 31mpg all motorways to Scotland. Knocking around home, it's more like 20mpg.

14s and 14as are rather cheap ATM. 15s are still holding money for what are now at least 9 year old cars.

aldo_87

ClioSport Club Member
  Campus 1*2
Looks freakin lovely! Every time i see this on here i get an urge for another one!

As said above when they are rolling the are great! Ive never known a car to pull so well in 4th gear, feels like a 2nd to 3rd gearchange! Definately surprises other more exotic cars, my favourite was a 996 GT3. :evil:

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Cheers :)

Why the low speed acceleration so poor compared to when in Full Combat Mode ? Silly long gearing !?

Sounds good .. I think I'll stick to my Scoobz for a while .. the green bus used to embarrass everything. Only thing that EVER showed me up was some kind of Ninja on a quadbike (there's a thread about that somewhere) a while back :eek:

Silver bus will be a 'safe' 270-300 horses soon :)

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
if i didnt have such a problem with the rear end of these id have one by now! love the front end! its how a car should look.

my mate has a s14a iirc and thats stunning inside. took me out in it after he had it RR'ed at 340bhp and it put a huge smile on my face. even liked it in purple!

black looks very nice tho mate :) im very tempted with one in the near future

Arctic Blue 182ff
Miss my black one :( that looks very nice!

Mine was perfect for 3 years, not a single issue that left me by the side of the ride, never failed to start, didn't even blow a bulb :)

Getting them off the line in the dry is ok with 265 profile tyres, it still spins up when it comes on boost but I found it to propel well, at 300hp you're looking at about 5.5 to 60 if you can get the traction :) but yes, their main bonus is 40-140, it's very quick indeed :) and I miss the 5th gear pull on the motorway, it's hideous, never a need to change a cog!

Gaz what winter rims do you run?

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Oh I see, so it's more a lack of traction, than a map issue holding back to milkfloat levels of get up and go ?

TBH, I don't launch the scoob in first very often. Like maybe twice in the last 18 months. Normally wait until it's rolling then make the loud pedal eat shagpile. 4WD helps in the wet obviously :eek:

Boost FTW anyway :D

I've got some UK 300ZX TT alloys for the winter (UK have wider rears, the Jap ones don't).

There was a limit to the boost in 1st and 2nd, but that got ripped out within a week. This lit up the wheels at circa 50mph in 3rd in the wet the other week. I'm only on 225/40, 265s would be torn apart by the arches.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah the rear just goes all soft after the aggressive front. I've seen one 15 with a 14a front, and that looked awesome. I wish they'd made them that way from the factory.

shame he smashed the front up at the ring a few uyears ago tbh lol.

only just been put back together in i new shell iirc with mismatched front bumper and wings

S3 Sportback, Ninja
Always liked these and yours looks stunning! However I cant personally see it giving an e46 m3 much hassle at 280 bhp?

Power to weights are close, and torque is in my favour. The poor M3 was screaming too, so it's not as if he wasn't trying ;)

EDIT: Quick maths using wiki figures make the PWR in my favour too @280. That's presuming the M3 makes the book figure, which judging by some standard graphs on proper rollers, they make more like 310-320, than 340.

Last edited:
  S3 Sportback, Ninja
Its not all about power to weight especially in an m3... Im not doubting that you probally kept up with it but with an smg gearbox they can change gear much faster than any manual which will have a decent affect round the clock. Anyway looks really good I had a corsa gsi with a 350bhp c20let in when I was 18 and came very close to swapping it for one of these... Really wish I had

Its not all about power to weight especially in an m3... Im not doubting that you probally kept up with it but with an smg gearbox they can change gear much faster than any manual which will have a decent affect round the clock

I think you're missing the point though. Nano second gearchanges don't mean much when I've got another 40lbft or so of torque pushing me down the road in a car with a similar PWR. The powerband on the M3 torque wise is very flat, whereas I have a lovely wave of torque to ride on. Keeping up with, I was past it and pulling away. Like I said, it's a very potent car when it's rolling.

But whatever, I know that they're no real issue for me ;)

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Looks Great.... 200's look great when done right and of course the needed power hike.

Megane 225 F1
Woah. I don't think I've seen a pic of your car for a very long time and for some reason I always thought it was a shed. But that looks facking awesome. I love it.

Cheers :D.

You've probably not seen it since I had it sprayed back in April then. Wasn't a proper job, just a buzz down and spray over boss is away job. It improved it ten fold though.

Opposed to what?

The ageing CA?
The super expensive RB with all it's related tuning taxes, and worsened weight distribution?
The V8s with yet more weight?
A JZ that's not cheap to buy or fit anyway?

I'll stick to the measly SR ;)