ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Temp Run Around

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
I managed to find myself a cheap run around for the lovely price of £35 :cool:
Its a T reg 1.2 8v 94k on the clock..
It has been garaged for the past 18 months so i wasnt sure of the condition etc, but for £35 i wasnt going to let it pass as i could make double that scrapping it :D

So when i went to collect the car it showed its colours, go the car home put it on the lift to check it over and it had a bundle of problems:

-Battery *cked
-Front lights are fogged up and light barely gets through
-Key mark down the drivers side rear quarter and part of the door
-One of the rear lights cracked
-Tailgate has a rather large dent
-Rear bumper cracked
-Front bumper mounts broken
-Passenger side rear quarter dented
-Back box rusted away
-Rear exhaust mount broken
-No radio code
-Needs new discs and pads on the front
-Rear brakes need sorted out
-And the bigger problem the engine, the big end bearings are shot at :dapprove:
-No M.O.T (but will pass once im done with it:D)
-No tax

But this hasnt stopped me i decided that id fix it up and keep it till i hear from the police.

Sorted a couple of things out today, whilst keeping cost down as much as poss..

-Made new mounts for the front bumper.
-Replaced old rear lights the some Black Lexus ones i had from my old car before i put some ph2 lights on it.
-Used the old back box from my old car its ugly, big etc but it will do and i like the noise :rasp:
-Sorted out the sills as they wer all bent.

Few Radom Pics (taken on phone)

dsc01648.jpg

Dent :dapprove: Exhaust needs adjusted and a new exhaust mount

dsc01646s.jpg

Bumper off doing some repairs and Jermima helping start the old engine :cool:

dsc01642l.jpg

Cracked Light :dapprove:

dsc01638y.jpg

Someone doesnt know how to use a key properly....

dsc01635a.jpg

No idea how he did that..

Anyway future plan are:

-Dual optics if i can fing a cheap set
-If my old car is still at the scrap yard il be removing the front stuts as it still has the from 40mm springs on (Couldnt be arsed to remove them) If not then will see if those raceland coilovers will fit a non sport :) if not then i dont know...
-Fit my 172 Wheels, thinking about gettin them refurbed for when i sell them but unsure wether i want to spend £250 on that...
-Fit the rear strut brace iv had laying around for months on end!
-Clear side repeaters
-Fix the dents and scratches :dapprove:

C+C welcome

Edit: Just ordered Cs Sticker, Tax disc holder and some air freshners and some ova stuff :D

Tunst

Last edited:

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
I managed to get my first car for £95 (2.0Ltr TDI Vectra) :D

Last edited:

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Little update had an hour spare today so i did a few things

Fitted the OMP rear strut brace i had laying around
Fitted new front discs and pads
Also started to refurbish my 172 wheels which i am greatly regreting as its a s**t load of hard work :dapprove:

Picking new 2nd hand engine tomorrow :D should have her running by the end of the week.

tomorrow i need to sort out the rear brakes, go scrap yard and get a new rear exhaust mount and repaint the fog surrounds as the paint came away when i crashed :dapprove:

Tunst

Got a black one ph1 you can rob bits off if you want?
Rear lights, skirts, boot lid, dynamique spoiler. 1.6 engine +loom. 100 quid for the whole car ;)

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Got a black one ph1 you can rob bits off if you want?
Rear lights, skirts, boot lid, dynamique spoiler. 1.6 engine +loom. 100 quid for the whole car ;)

Il let you know about that. pics of it? or whats left? :rasp:

The front end is gone and the back bumper has gone. Tiny dent(compared) on the boot lid. The skirts are what hold the most value, genuine renault non sport skirts. Only seen one set and that was on speccys gold one.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Update:

-Engine is out, picking 2nd hand engine up tomorrow, subframe etc is covered in oil so gonna wash it all off before engine goes back in.
-Finished refurbing (ish) 2 wheels all painted etc...

Tomorrows plans:
Finishd other 2 alloys off
Refit engine
Clean interior
Drop all fluids, power steering, brake fluid etc..
Mayb browse for a cheap sport interior
Cheap scrap yard for rear bumper and boot lid.

Will get some pics of alloys etc tomorrow

~Mark

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
coming along nicely mate by the sound of it good work!

Thanks, yeah it is once engine is in and running etc, il be running around body shops getting some prices for the repairs, then its M.O.T time but it should pass np :D

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Today was epically slow, woke up feeling like a sack of s*it...

Dad was away so had to hold the fort myslef, aswell as doing 6 other jobs i managed to get the engine in and running, also gave it a good service, rear brakes, and M.O.T tomorrow :D

Also managed to drop an alloy today which smashed the edge off it so its off being repaired... will get pics of the finished 3 tomorrow :D

Not a bad day but i still feel like death

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Passed M.O.T :approve:

She needs a gearbox though :( screaming in second gear and its quite hard to get into 3rd and 2nd when shifting down :dapprove: and a waterpump (i didnt change this as it looked new turns out it wasnt!

E36 Coupe & Mk4 Golf
Not to bad probally get a box cheap cant you just extra hassle though good luck with it though:)

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Ah good on ya mate, good it got through, sounds like it needs a fair bit more work, but it sounds like you know what you're doing so I'm sure it won't be a problem!

Keep on cracking, if you need to know anything else about the trusty 8v don't be afraid to ask.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Ah good on ya mate, good it got through, sounds like it needs a fair bit more work, but it sounds like you know what you're doing so I'm sure it won't be a problem!

Keep on cracking, if you need to know anything else about the trusty 8v don't be afraid to ask.

Well atm all thats left atm is:

New waterpump
New Gearbox
Both rear quarters sorted
New rear bumer
New tail gate

Then she should be done :cool: can work on some mods :D

I also test fitted 2 of my 172 wheels on the rear and they miss the axle by about 3-4mm lol

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Told you they fitted, even if it's tight!!!

I imagin your biggest expense is gonna be the paint, if you get a good quote it'll all be sweet!

i dont get it though they didnt fit my other clio and it was a newer model etc :dapprove: my dad knows a guy that runs a bodyshop so it might not be that expencive :D

Hoping to find bumper and tail gate tomorrow when i visit my not so local but reliable scrap yard tomorrow :approve:

Also YHPM Mr!