ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The time has come...

172 Phase 1
..to start a build thread!!

So I have been playing around with my old phase 1 for a while,
image.jpg

Got the beast for £750 with the oil pressure light on! It's since done 7 track days and has been totally reliable.

The time has now come to upgrade? So I went out and again bought a cheap clio, this time a 172 cup for a grand total of £1200 from fleabay.
image.jpg

It's pretty clean the odd mark here and there but overall decent, forgot to add it has 150k on the clock!

So here we go,
image.jpg

Rear axle bearings, not too taxing but does take a little time
image.jpg

image.jpg

next was bracing the rear damper mount ready to accept the Rear coilovers
image.jpg

image.jpg

Gave them a quick spray of primer, whole beam is to be powder coated at a later date after I have fitted some stiffening plates.
image.jpg

Lower arms was the next task,
image.jpg

Little before and after, took a while grinding all the crap off but came up pretty decent.
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Got the RCA kit from a group buy good piece of kit,
Then spent what seemed like an age cleaning and painting the hubs and few other bits, used some VHT engine enamel so should hold up pretty well
image.jpg

Have now fitted a set of AVO gtx, new calipers, some braided lines,had to make up some new rear pipes.
image.jpg

just trying to chuck it all back together at the mo track day is booked for next weekend, still have the exhaust to sort out, set the suspension up, and bleed the brakes, will keep this updated any suggestions or worthwhile mods please let me know. Rear anti roll bar?

Ph2 172
Let me know how you get on with the Avos, I've just bought a set and CSS trackday will be their first test.