ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The truth. How much does the interior weigh?

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I'm aching all over from boarding the loft this weekend, and while the attic contents were down, I weighed everything taken out of my Cup.

The only original trim that remains in the car is the dashboard, headlining, sun visors etc. and two seats. Door cards, carpet, boot and rear trim has all gone.

65 kgs.

I haven't weighed the jack and tyre foam yet either.

Say 2 kgs for that, and 15 kgs when I swap the driver's seat and that'll be 82 kgs or thereabouts.

Who'd like 190 bhp/ton then?

:evil:

VaVa
Good stuff! When I took the rears out of my Clio to turn it into a van, I was surprised how heavy they were despite just being bits of foam help together with frog spit.

Stripped interiors FTL in a daily driver though. Especually if you have an aftermarket exhaust lol

Nippy white cup
Nice one m8y. I was wondering how heavy mine was as I have removed pretty much the same stuff. How do Suzukas compare in weight to the std cup seats?

Seems like the Cobras weight about 9kgs each

Chris

Last edited:
  Ph2 172 Track Toy
I'm aching all over from boarding the loft this weekend, and while the attic contents were down, I weighed everything taken out of my Cup.

The only original trim that remains in the car is the dashboard, headlining, sun visors etc. and two seats. Door cards, carpet, boot and rear trim has all gone.

65 kgs.

I haven't weighed the jack and tyre foam yet either.

Say 2 kgs for that, and 15 kgs when I swap the driver's seat and that'll be 82 kgs or thereabouts.

Who'd like 190 bhp/ton then?

:evil:

Almost there myself!!!

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Nice one m8y. I was wondering how heavy mine was as I have removed pretty much the same stuff. How do Suzukas compare in weight to the std cup seats?

Seems like the Cobras weight about 9kgs each

Chris

I worked on a standard Cup seat being around 20 kgs.

I've got this to go in, which with its steel mounts comes to 8 kgs all in.

100_3502.jpg

I always thought I'd leave the passenger as is, but if there's another 15 kgs to be saved...that's put me at about 920 kgs.

Another 6 bhp will then give me a nice 200 bhp per ton.

Nippy white cup
Cool...so about 20kgs saving with the seats I have (plus subframes etc). I still have my door cards but have removed all the rear stuff and carpet/centre console etc.

So that would make it about 85kgs lighter than standard...I'll have to see if I can get it weighed next time it is out for a play

Chris

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I've got some Dynamique 5 spokes, OZ F1s, and TSWs, all 15s.

The door cards are really heavy Chris, about 4 kgs a side. Front door speakers weigh nothing though which was disappointing.

I'm still got savings to come from;

Door mirrors
Seatbelts
Steering wheel
Passenger airbag

I might switch to manual windows if it's worth the hassle. I could always go for a smaller battery too I guess.

Then, apart from a carbon bonnet and plastic windows, what else is there?

Ph2 172 Track Toy
Cool...so about 20kgs saving with the seats I have (plus subframes etc). I still have my door cards but have removed all the rear stuff and carpet/centre console etc.

So that would make it about 85kgs lighter than standard...I'll have to see if I can get it weighed next time it is out for a play

Chris

You planning on going to york??

I should be there on the 13th.

BTW We met at york last year and Xscape a few weeks ago. I have the silver cup.

Nippy white cup
Hi fella

I'll be going to the 0-60 day (May I think) but I won't be running mine :(. I lost 2nd gear the other day for a while (seems ok now but the box is defo on its way out) so I can't be arsed blowing it up all the way up at York. Tbh I got a 5.39 last time I ran it (with just rears out and before the remap) so probably not going to get much quicker in its current state

Cheers

Chris

Ph2 172 Track Toy
Would love to go to the 0-60 day but can't risk damaging the car before I go to the 'Ring the following Thursday. No way could I get the clutch done in time.

Hope your car will be ok soon.

182 Cup

Side strip removal, rear wiper motor and blade, replace number plates with vinyl, cutting down every bolt the the minimum, smaller battery, cutting holes in the shell where you think you'll get away with it, lighter wing mirrors...

Depends how ugly you want your car and how much effort is really worthwhile. TBH battery is deffinately worth investigating.

182 Cup
Arch liners, aluminium wheel bolts and didn't someone say about drilling holes in the back of the rear view mirror!?

BMW M5 & E36
Get the passenger airbag out for sure, they weigh a fair bit. May as well lose the headlining too, its not going to make much of a difference to sound seeing as everything else is gone anyway!

Grind off fixings in the back which arent in use. Cut out some of the inner door frame?

172 Race Car
do u still have the carbon canister in it?
I lost the face vent ducting from behind the dash in mine (doesnt weigh much tho tbh)

Biggest problem is you will eventualy put more weight in it........... Cage!

thats the thing tho with stripping out, is drilling holes in the body going to be worth it in the end. Surely there is a point where there is going too far and it not givin any effect

Nippy white cup
I've got some Dynamique 5 spokes, OZ F1s, and TSWs, all 15s.

The door cards are really heavy Chris, about 4 kgs a side. Front door speakers weigh nothing though which was disappointing.

I'm still got savings to come from;

Door mirrors
Seatbelts
Steering wheel
Passenger airbag

I might switch to manual windows if it's worth the hassle. I could always go for a smaller battery too I guess.

Hmm might go a bit deeper into it...getting a different steering wheel at some point, belts already out....air bag sounds a pain tho

Chris

what about wheels aswell, how light are wheels such as turinis compared to other superlight wheels. the Perspex id reckon would make a difference