ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The truth. How much does the interior weigh?

221bhp/ton Mondial Terror
Would be interesting to find out how much weight you save with perspex windows!

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Thats a fair weight saving bud ;)

Going by your username Mark Cup, does that mean you had a clio cup before the stripping commenced ?

Or did you start with a 172FF ?

Also what mods you done ?

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Thats a fair weight saving bud ;)

Going by your username Mark Cup, does that mean you had a clio cup before the stripping commenced ?

Or did you start with a 172FF ?

Also what mods you done ?

LOL at Burp.

Started with a Cup, filter, decat, exhaust, ECU, brakes, and weight removal is all.

Sunflower & Golf Mk6 BMT
Ok Mark you've given us figure's but how does all this weight loss feel on the road/track. Do you believe its worth it for the gains you get?

I take it the cup is not used daily?

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Ok Mark you've given us figure's but how does all this weight loss feel on the road/track. Do you believe its worth it for the gains you get?

I take it the cup is not used daily?

It's not used daily anymore no.

It's louder (obviously) and a lot more 'jittery'. With at least 150+ kgs less than a normal FF it reacts to everything on the road surface, and responds to throttle and steering inputs instantly.

Hard to say really though as it's transformed over time. I'd love to drive a completely standard 172 Cup back-to-back for comparison.

Worth it? I think so. I always planned to do this when it retired from commuting, but I never really thought it would end up feeling as good and sharp as it does - especially when you think that the engine's pretty much standard and the suspension is too.