ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Watercooled PC Appreciation Thread...

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
My own:

MattBlack.jpg

NewBuildFinal05Medium.jpg

NewBuildFinal10Medium.jpg

Some of my favourites:

Darth1.gif

Darth2.gif

Whtie1.gif

White2.gif

Carlos2.gif

Carlos1.gif

800D1.gif

Post yours up :)

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Is it really necessary? Not knocking or anything, but seriously, do you need water cooling for what you're doing?

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
There was a guy at work who was into all this s**t, he kept banging on about his benchmarks scores. He didn't actually use the PC for anything serious, other than improving his benchmarks. Then every 6 months he'd spend £200/300 upgrading it.

fcuking mentalist.

Evo 5 RS
benefits are that it doesn't sound like a hair dryer, and temps are low enough to ramp up the volts so you can overclock safely

Plus it looks fairly cool lol.

Should of bought a Xbox. Teeheeeeeeeeee

High end PC's are the way forward. Really shouldn't of spunked all my money on drinking lately though.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
whats your specs then gareth?

Spec is:

Corsair 800D Case
Corsair AX1200 PSU
ASUS Rampage III Extreme Motherboard
Intel i7 950 CPU
12GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000Mhz Memory
Corsair Airflow & Airflow Pro Memory Fans/LED Readout
2 x EVGA Hydro Copper 2 FTW 580 GTX (Watercooled) SLI
Creative Labs XFi Titanium Soundcard
2 x Corsair Force 120GB SSD HDDs
2 x Western Digital 150GB 10,000rpm Raptor HDDs
2 x Western Digital 1TB HDDs
LG Blu-Ray Reader/Writer
Lamptron FC5 V2 Fan Controller
XSPC 360mm Radiator
EK Supreme HF (Nickel/Plex) CPU Waterblock
EK Rampage III Extreme Motherboard Waterblock (Nickel/Plexi)
4 x Scythe Gentle Typhoon 120mm Fans (1450rpm)
iandh Stealth Reservoir 225
Laing D5 Pump with Bitspower Mod Top (V2)
Bitspower Compression Fittings
Tygon R3603 Tubing (Clear)
Feser One Fluid (Red)
XSPC LCD Water Temp Readout
MDPC-X Black Sleeved Cables
MDPC-X Screws, Fixtures & Fittings etc

I have changed some of the fans for a bit more lighting though.

As said, the idea is to have a quieter PC and/or be able to overclock further. I personally did it for the look and it was something I've always wanted to do.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
My Mum told me not to put water and electronics together :S

Couple of guy I work with w**k themselves silly over this stuff, I just play dumb (I am :() and wind them right up regarding all of it.

I'm sure it works brilliantly and does look good it's just not for me.

Clio
Lol at men questioning water cooling a PC. The same type who don't think something called 'boost' is awesome.

But people are talking about gaming.

You game on a games console

and

p**n on a p**n Computer (PC)

OR will a water cooled PC improve my p**n experience?

Tesla MP3 2021
Have you got a link for the build on the first one of your favourites, it looks pretty impressive.

I have just realised I have never once drained, cleaned and replaced the fluid in mine since I built it, 3 years ago ;)

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Have you got a link for the build on the first one of your favourites, it looks pretty impressive.

I have just realised I have never once drained, cleaned and replaced the fluid in mine since I built it, 3 years ago ;)

It's on a private forum I'm afraid. It's a monstrous build, must of cost an absolute fortune and the case was self-built.

Darth3.gif

Darth4.gif

Darth5.gif

Ph2 172
Less viruses on iPhones/pads.

Might post some of mine later which i built a few years ago. Makes me want to build a new one looking at these!

Evo 5 RS
lol H50 is OK if you're not overclocking.

Thats an SR2 board in that build ^ serious bit of kit, board still goes for 400 quid.

Nickson

ClioSport Club Member
lol H50 is OK if you're not overclocking.

Thats an SR2 board in that build ^ serious bit of kit, board still goes for 400 quid.

Had a bad experience with a H50, wouldn't use again unfortunately, although they are quite a cool piece of kit!

After seeing some of these, I will definitely be putting mine under water :eek:

I'm running 4.4Ghz at silly low temps using one of those crap all-in-one solutions. I could push a lot harder but don't need to. They're ok. Way better than air. People saying you can't overlock with them are just using their own Googled geekness as a frame of reference.

Next time I will go bespoke water. Just for the lols.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
I always wanted a gaming computer, just to run the Grand Prix series.

I wouldn't bother with one now as I have no need for a desktop but they are massively cool on an über geek level. Look so impressive.

High-end PC gaming is like comparing Blu-ray to VHS. Totally different experience.

Of course the console monkeys like to bleat on about graphics meaning little, yet they own the latest console and like to wax lyrical about the visual advances between Forza and Forza 2.